I'm in love with Costco!

Options
2»

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I like their products but the shopping experience is terrible. Long lines, chaotic parking lot, uncoordinated shoppers.... I always wish I had a Valium on me.

They always move products around too so you have to walk down every aisle to find the 72 oz. Chex mix from the last time you were there.

One time I went right when they opened, thinking I would outsmart the plebeians, and did all my shopping in 10 min.... and there was already long lines!

Costco would be pretty sweet without the people.

This.
    My sister made me go with her right before Christmas. We had to go get a drink after getting out of there.
    I used to work there. Waaaay back in the day. There used to be times when you knew you could avoid crowds. Not anymore. The reason I stay out is that the uncoordinated shoppers are also snackers who are feeding their children lunch as they peruse the demos. Lord help me... They lean on their carts while they feed themselves. I can't go there but about once a year.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I like their products but the shopping experience is terrible. Long lines, chaotic parking lot, uncoordinated shoppers.... I always wish I had a Valium on me.

They always move products around too so you have to walk down every aisle to find the 72 oz. Chex mix from the last time you were there.

One time I went right when they opened, thinking I would outsmart the plebeians, and did all my shopping in 10 min.... and there was already long lines!

This.
    My sister made me go with her right before Christmas. We had to go get a drink after getting out of there.
    I used to work there. Waaaay back in the day. There used to be times when you knew you could avoid crowds. Not anymore. The reason I stay out is that the uncoordinated shoppers are also snackers who are feeding their children lunch as they peruse the demos. Lord help me... They lean on their carts while they feed themselves. I can't go there but about once a year.

I don't go to Costco - I go to BJ's but the dreaded cart leaners are there too. UGHHHHH.... and they also move merchandise around and have the long lines, etc. It's a dismal shopping experience but there are some good deals. However, with a shrinking household I prefer to shop at Aldi - smaller sizes and better prices.

• isabcas
    isabcas Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try sauteing the big bag of spinach with garlic
    it will last longer than leaving it raw and you can do a lot of things with it other than salads ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

This.

I don't go to Costco - I go to BJ's but the dreaded cart leaners are there too. UGHHHHH.... and they also move merchandise around and have the long lines, etc. It's a dismal shopping experience but there are some good deals. However, with a shrinking household I prefer to shop at Aldi - smaller sizes and better prices.

That's kinda odd, I used to shop at BJs and everything was always in the same spot. I stopped going though, too out of the way for me and for what I bought, it was often cheaper to just stock up at the supermarket when there is a sale.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't go often...its just not worth the hassle of getting there....

If I am there
    Cliff builders bars
    2kg bag if shrimp
    English muffins
    Egg whites and eggs
    Every day cheese
    Microwave popcorn
    Chicken thighs
    Frozen green chickpeas
    Socks
    Chicken strips

• rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Costco is awesome for foods that cost way too much at health food stores- especially organic stuff. Some faves:
    Peanut butter powder, unsulfured figs, brown rice, lentils, unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, old fashioned oats, fresh and frozen produce, artichokes in water, cold milled flax seed, dried heirloom beans, vegetable broth, gluten free perfect flour mix, quinoa, and the organic bananas are amazing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Costco and I are actually feuding right now. Costco is NOT my bff.
    For ages we bought a huge bag of frozen organic spinach/kale. For at least a mont now they haven't had it.

Otherwise we get:
    almond butter
    quinoa
    cottage cheese
    soy milk (hubs)
    mixed nuts
    frozen chinese dumplings
    flatout wraps
    pesto
    big salads
    cheese
    edamame

and then lots of household stuff

We go when everyone is in church. :smile:
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Has anyone shopped right before closing time on, say, a Wednesday?

There's gotta be in a break in the action somewhere. All I need is 7 minutes!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

This.

Hilarious.

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly we dont have any Costco's in Maine. . .I do love getting bulk meat and frozen veggies at sam's club though. And i found a 6 pack of 32. oz shelf stable unsweetned almond milk there last week i never noticed before.. . . score!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Has anyone shopped right before closing time on, say, a Wednesday?

There's gotta be in a break in the action somewhere. All I need is 7 minutes!

Hmm I don't have any problems when they first open Saturday morning.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Kodak pancake mix so good! and makes for a good fast breakfast :)
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Stacey's pita chips and big tubs of sabra hummus are my husband's favorite. Somehow those always ended up in the cart.

Their Rotisserie chicken is awesome.

I always got the Ling Ling chicken potstickers.
    Jif peanut butter and real honey were always an amazing deal when they had them on sale.

The huge cans of tomatos for making homemade sauce.

The big tubs of mixed deluxe nuts were a good deal too.

Sadly we switched to Sam's club for convenience, but I really miss Costco. We would go on a Friday evening and found it practically empty.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Personally I love Costco. Ours is just a couple of minutes away, so I always go early in the morning when they first open, before the samples are out. ;) Since it's so close, it's not a big deal to run in, get one or two items we need and run out.
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hemp hearts, smoked salmon, apple chips, frozen cherries, edamame
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Costco and I are actually feuding right now. Costco is NOT my bff.
    For ages we bought a huge bag of frozen organic spinach/kale. For at least a mont now they haven't had it.

Otherwise we get:
    almond butter
    quinoa
    cottage cheese
    soy milk (hubs)
    mixed nuts
    frozen chinese dumplings
    flatout wraps
    pesto
    big salads
    cheese
    edamame

and then lots of household stuff

We go when everyone is in church. :smile:

Thank you for the reminder about the pesto. Their pesto is to die for and I'm going today!