How do you spread out your calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• chubbiebunny4444
    Options
    eat when ur hungry! :D idk where the breakfast lunch dinner thing came out :] listen to your body
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My diary is open... I eat small meals between the day and snack a lot. I also end up with a ton of calories left for dinner, and usually don't eat them all... but I'm just not that hungry. I eat a lot of protein typically so I guess it fills me up...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I eat throughout the entire day. Breakfast, 200 Calories. Morning Snack (under 100 cal). Lunch 300 calories. 2-3 afternoon snacks (each under 100 cal usually), Dinner 500-550 Calories. If I have enough calories left over I'll have a 60 calorie Dove dark chocolate Ice cream bar (mmm yummy). My Calorie goal is 1400 a day. Spread out like this, I don't feel the need to binge or anything, and since I usually have enough calories for my evening sweet, I don't go overboard on sweets/desserts.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I usually either have a moderate breakfast, big lunch, small dinner, and big snack (ice cream & various other snacks throughout the day) or I have no breakfast, big lunch, big dinner, and big snack.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I think things work better for me if i have a substantial breakfast.

The other meals and snacks are more variable.
  • Mariposa_Lily
    Mariposa_Lily Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a husband whose calorie requirements are way higher than mine and he likes a substantial dinner.... and late night snacks. I can resist some, but I know that I end up snacking, too. So, I try to divide my calories in half--50% before 5:00 (spread out with breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack), and 50% after (dinner, snack, nightcap).

It might not be ideal, but it seems to be working. Plus, I exercise first thing in the morning, so the evening's calories (I think) give me pre-breakfast energy!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What works for me isn't necessarily be what would work for someone else. My preference is intermittent fasting 15/9 style. That is I eat my last meal for the day and I don't eat again until 15 hours later and then I try to hit my calorie goal in 9. Sometimes it's 16/8. Right now my schedule is jacked so it's actually become a bit of a challenge to eat less than 1800 calories. In any case, if what you are doing now works keep it up that is how you will see results. If you try to fit your style into someone else's then chances are you are setting yourself up for less than optimal results.