Options
Hey, I am 18 . I will start losing weight in March, next month and living a healthy lifestyle. Anyone has any tips. I plan to lose 50 pounds in a year.

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Why march?
  • uyai412
    uyai412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have a lot in February. I don't think I did be committed.
  • drajel
    drajel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Start today. Maybe you can't do your whole big plan but you can do something. the thing about starting later is that something will get in the way and you will just push it off. we all do it. start now. even if its as simply taking stairs instead of elevator or parking in the back of the parking lot so you have to walk further or eating one less serving of that food you know you should not eat. the key is start today!
  • uyai412
    Options
    I will start, thanks for the tip
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with drajel -- start today with logging everyday and seeing where your weakness and strengths are. Took me a couple weeks of logging and tracking everything to really have a good handle on it. Then by March you'll have all this out of the way and really hit the ground running :-)
  • uyai412
    Options
    I agree with drajel -- start today with logging everyday and seeing where your weakness and strengths are. Took me a couple weeks of logging and tracking everything to really have a good handle on it. Then by March you'll have all this out of the way and really hit the ground running :-)
    Thanks , this means a lot

• Kristin2626
    Kristin2626 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My 2 biggest pieces of advice would be: Track everything you eat (measure and weigh it! Especially cooking fats, added sugars and other calorie-dense foods!) and also learn to cook. I am not assuming you don't cook, because even if you do, there's always more to learn there. The more you learn to cook, the more basic the ingredients you start with (e.g. cooking from scratch ideally) the more you appreciate those ingredients (fruit, veg, meat and spices especially) and the less you need to add pure fat and sugar to make your food palatable.
  • uyai412
    Options
    Thanks Kristin2626 , I will continue cooking and incorporating veggies and spice in my diet.