1stDay Again...3weeks 8lbs loss possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bawlerb
    Bawlerb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Judowolf- 1stday... But ive had many 1st days! I have the app on my phone... And I'm good at tracking fitness, but 'was' terrible at tracking food. I'm still learning the ins and outs. I'll see about goal setting. Thank u
  • judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use both, but I believe my phone app(galaxy S5 active) has a tab for goals as well and it's more automatic to set your daily calorie intake...I never log my exercise and under eat and I'm losing about three and a half pounds a week, but I eat very clean, healthy meals mostly...the closer you get to your goal, the slower you'll lose...in the beginning I was losing four to five pounds, now I am only getting about two, but I'm close to where I want to stay, so I'll lose I little under where I want to be for summer and then slowly add calories until I get to a maintenance level. There is a great deal of support here and many very helpful people to help you get where you want to be
  • melissarblevins
    melissarblevins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weighed 154, and it took me 2 weeks to lose 8 lbs at about 1200 calories per day. Just make sure you're eating plenty of protein (5-6 small meals per day), plenty of cardio, and healthy fats (natural pb and avocado are my go-to foods).
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    hectorh82 wrote: »
    sanfromny wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" 160. I started on Jan 5 at 168 (still 5'2" :/ ) but I stuck to around 1300 cals a day and about about 300 cals of exercise 5 days a week. It took about 4 weeks for me

really good example.. slow and steady wins the race they say.

Thanks! HectorH82 and Bawlerb...I'll say this, I had my birthday and Superbowl Sunday and the NBA all star game in there, so I ate and drank beer. I just mainly stuck to calories in/calories out. This app is awesome to help keep us all in check, especially when used correctly!!

I most certaily understand starting again. I've been a member since 2012, I've been as heavy as 220 and dropped to 149 at my smallest (2014) so January I was definitely starting again at 168...It can be done!!! :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Bawlerb wrote: »
    Kimny72- my neutral is Happy and your reply definitely wasn't a downer.
    I can't buy Spanx - I live in a town of 300 total pop...many things I can't buy= feuf!
    I think your very right in ur post. Exactly what I need to do.
    Btw- thanks for the positive encouragement.
    It's true the numbers may not matter, but it's a measurable goal I thought might help the dress that needed a friends help to zip up! I wore it comfortable in December... So it's possible non-bloat foods and just clean eating will be enough.... Or it's more then 10lbs loss.
    Should I weigh in more hen once a week?
    Maybe measurements are better to do for belly bum leaning-out. Not sure how to do measurements, other then try on to see if guys. Lol. I'm 33 and should know me better!

drive somewhere that has spanx or order offline. I live in a small town too but have to drive a decent distance to even get to a mall(65 miles one way). I cant always do that so I order stuff online.(I dont own any spanx though). 8 lbs in 3 weeks? I agree with kimny72. thats too aggressive of a goal with someone with so little to lose. it takes time to lose weight. is it safe or healthy? maybe /maybe not. if you have a lot more to lose then maybe. but the less weight you have to loset the slower the weight loss goal should be. you also dont have to cut anything out eitherthat wont cause weight loss to be quicker,unless its causing a bigger deficit which you dont want too big of a deficit as it is. you may lose water weight,and might not be as bloated, but it doesnt work for everyone. just set a reasonable weight loss goal(anything under 25lbs is like .5-1lb a week) and go from there. dont try to overdo it on exercise either or you will feel like crap.lose what you can safely and know that weight loss is not linear so there will be times you may not lose anything at all,or you may show an increase on the scale from sodium intake,hormone fluctuations,etc.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Bawlerb wrote: »
    Kimny72- my neutral is Happy and your reply definitely wasn't a downer.
    I can't buy Spanx - I live in a town of 300 total pop...many things I can't buy= feuf!
    I think your very right in ur post. Exactly what I need to do.
    Btw- thanks for the positive encouragement.
    It's true the numbers may not matter, but it's a measurable goal I thought might help the dress that needed a friends help to zip up! I wore it comfortable in December... So it's possible non-bloat foods and just clean eating will be enough.... Or it's more then 10lbs loss.
    Should I weigh in more hen once a week?
    Maybe measurements are better to do for belly bum leaning-out. Not sure how to do measurements, other then try on to see if guys. Lol. I'm 33 and should know me better!

A world without Spanx??? You poor thing :(. Is there a waiting list you can get on?!

How often you weigh depends on how much you can handle normal day-to-day fluctuations. I can easily gain/lose 3-5 lbs of water weight overnight, and it doesn't bother me, but if it would affect you too much to see that sort of thing, I would stick to once per week.

If aiming for a big goal helps you get started, then that's great! I just don't want you to be disappointed if you don't lose quite as much. I think too many people think those workout advertisement/biggest loser numbers, but they are extreme cases and misleading. Having said that, you could lose 2-3 lbs of fat, plus several pounds of water and get to the number you want. Just do the best you can! Meanwhile, enter your stats into MFP, choose a goal of one lb per week, and get your calorie goal, so you can have everything ready to go after the wedding to be ready for the long term :drinker:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Teallaquin wrote: »
    I would suggest an intake of no less than 1,000, as it is important to eat well during weight loss (otherwise you risk screwing up your metabolism!). I'm 5' 6" and ~150lbs and shooting for a 2lb-a-week loss, so my intake is ~1200 a day, if that gives you a sort of ball-park of what you want to shoot for. Since you're exercising so much on a daily basis, you're going to want a higher caloric intake to balance out what you're burning. If you're accurate about how much you're burning every day, then I should think 1,500 calories a day might be a good goal to shoot for a day. I am not a professional, though. Just remember that while an excess of calories is still and excess of calories, what matters is what you're eating. The general rule when exercising is to load up on complex carbs beforehand and then eat a high-protein snack afterwards to help repair the muscles that were used during your routine.

no,you should never eat less than 1200 unless under a drs care. one day here and there is fine but not for any length of time. also at 5'6 1200 is a bit aggressive. Im 5'6.5 and 169lbs and I was given 1500+ to lose weight at .5 lbs a week. you are already at a healthy BMI at 150. can I ask why you are trying to lose 2lbs/wk? and no it doesnt matter what you are eating its all about calories in vs calories out,exercise where did you get that you have to load up on complex carbs before hand and then protein afterwards?
  • Bawlerb
    Options
    CharliebeansmomTracy and Kimny72
    I appreciate what u've taught me about realistic goals- thank u! This is a short term kick start for me I should decrease at least 26lbs.
    Small clean meals about 5/6 okay! Lean protein (I had low carb/fat protein shake, salmon and tuna yesterday)! Today I'm gonna have chicken and leftover salmon later! I already feel great just eating veggies again. It's also knowing that the responses here are thoroughly thought out and considerate.
    Honestly I feel cared for guys. Thank you.

I am the crazy rare breed that likes to wake up and workout... I don't usually eat before and I'm getn into the habit of having some protein after my workouts again. Day two done! I ran 8.5km in my house yesterday (stairs were hard, but my dogy stayed out from under my feet!). Today I did a workout video and then jumped on my road bike (mounted on a trainer). For workouts I'm trying to incorporate more HIIT- breakout of my lazy elliptical routine.
    It's clean eating that makes all the differ ve for me- and it's my hope that after the next three weeks - no matter what the number is or if the dress fits- I want healthy habits as my routine.
  • Bawlerb
    Options
    Melissarbelvins I meant to add ur name above too- I can't bring PB in my house I love it too much! So I've got almonds as my snack fat!

Diary- well I'm gonna finish the yogurt I've got in my fridge but I thought yogurt and cottage cheese were good foods?!?

I love salt and sugar- no thyroid BP or diabetic issues either- so I'll tackle reducing salt intake as later option if not getting results. Cucumber with salt is a treat like yogurt!

Judowolf- that's a process I'm gonna consider for me- thank you! Great job at taking care of yourself- lifestyle of health seems to be the undertone!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Let's do some basic math here. After running your stats through a couple of BMR calculators, the numbers came out around 1490 calories. Now, let's assume a sedentary lifestyle ... that puts your daily maintenance calories around 1790 per day. Your desired rate of loss is around 2.67 pounds per week ... requiring a daily deficit of 1333 calories. 1790-1333= 455 calories per day. Your goal is unrealistic and impossible to reach in a healthy manner.
  • battyg1313
    battyg1313 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me people
  • Ladybird1103
    Ladybird1103 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Totally doable. I lost 10 pounds in the last 19 days by sticking to 1,200 calories a day (most of that coming from protein & fat, keep it low carb...no more than 100g of carbs a day feels about right for me). FYI, I am 5'3 and started at 177.5 on 2/1, weighed 167.5 yesterday 2/18.
    Even if you don't work out, you should lose the weight by keeping your calories at this level. I think weight loss is 95% diet, and 5% exercise, so my advice for the next two weeks is focus on your diet. Make sure you weigh everything to make sure calories are accurate. Good luck!
  • Bawlerb
    Options
    High fives ladybird!
    Ps- I think ur right about my body at least. It's the nutrition - I gotta focus in on. Low carbs I've found hard for my brain to function, I think complex carbs until lunch is okay right?!
  • Bawlerb
    Options
    Brianpperkins Okay - ur outing my 'not so great math skills!' Thank you for the time you've spent crunching my digits. Well I will be happy with any loss! Short term I would like to see how 1 week goes. I'm also gonna try to watch my vitamins and nutrients... I've never before made sure I'm getn enough of what my body needs. Sounds like I should look at a BMR calculator so I do t hurt myself. Thank u.
  • Bawlerb
    Options
    *Don't