Having Surgery soon

In the next couple of weeks I am going to be having surgery. I will have a hard time moving for 1-2 weeks and will not be able to exercise for 4-6 weeks. Any tips as to how I can stay on track with losing weight for the summer through diet alone? Currently I exercise 3-5 times per week burning 500-600 calories per session. I eat about 1400-1500 calories right now and weigh 171.8lbs at 5'2".

Replies

• ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    My recommendation is that you eat at maintenance until you heal. Your body needs fuel for repair. Just take a break, eat at maintenance, and get back on the horse when you are better.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You body needs calories to heal. Eat at maintenance.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited February 2016
    If you don't have a food scale with a TARE function already, definitely get one. Since you're used to having extra calories available due to your workouts, you will need to tighten up your logging to make sure you're keeping yourself in check. ETA: Maintenance is a great idea. You need energy to heal once this is done.

Also, if you're able to, keep your routine until the day or two before your surgery. The more in-shape you are going in, the easier it is to bounce back.**

**DEFINITELY check with your doctor to make sure this is medically possible and wise for your situation first.