Refeed day

Options
Hello guys been thinking of doing a refeed day and not sure where to start. I workout 6 days a week I lift and also do 25 minutes of cardio and about an hour or so of lifting. My carbs are at this time 250 I believe and my calories are at 1875 I believe. I read that you should up your carbs by 50 and up your calories by 30% what do you guys think? Need help trying to figure this out and to see if it is for me. Thanks in advanced, can't really find anything on it!

Replies

• erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Everything I've read about refeed days are just to prevent binges and something about leptin? I don't really know. The biggest benefit may very well be mental.

Why don't you try it out and then see if it works for you. Even if other people who do them give you advice, you still won't know exactly how it works for you until you try it. However, if your goal is still some fat loss, I wouldn't suggest eating above your TDEE - just have a maintenance day.
  • BFitNation
    BFitNation Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking, I agree you really won't know exactly what it will be or if it will work for you either! Yeah that's what I also read that they said just eat at maintenance :) I should eat the carbs that myfitnesspal shows up for eating at maintenance?
    erinc5 wrote: »
    Everything I've read about refeed days are just to prevent binges and something about leptin? I don't really know. The biggest benefit may very well be mental.

Why don't you try it out and then see if it works for you. Even if other people who do them give you advice, you still won't know exactly how it works for you until you try it. However, if your goal is still some fat loss, I wouldn't suggest eating above your TDEE - just have a maintenance day.