Salad Dressing Dilemma

Options
I got dissapointed today when I entered my salad without dressing into my diary for today and saw the estimated weight for 5 week progression and when I added the salad dressing it when up by 6 pounds for a small pack of light ranch dressing.

Replies

• drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    salad dressing is typically a high calorie food, since it is based around primarily fats such as egg yolks, oil, and cheeses.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't that have had to be a 600 calorie serving of salad dressing?

600 calories per day x 35 days = 21,000 calories
    21,000 calories/3500 calories per pound = 6 pounds
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Ignore the "in 5 weeks you would weigh" message. It is a guess based on some automated formula and doesn't really mean anything. Just focus on hitting your calorie goal...
  • AngelicaRodriguez2
    Options
    @jemhh it said one serving with 90 calories and before adding in the light ranch dressing it was 6 pounds less
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That sounds somewhat glitchy. Jemhh's maths is correct.
  • AngelicaRodriguez2
    Options
    I'm thinking kimny72 is right about the 5 week projection.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love my Walden Farms dressings. No calories and I just pour it on :smiley:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    That's not possible.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    @jemhh it said one serving with 90 calories and before adding in the light ranch dressing it was 6 pounds less

I have always known that forecast was weird but I never compared the math until you posted this. Very odd. It's way off.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the weight projections are always way off for me (and most people LOL)

i generally use the bolthouse farms yogurt dressings. i like to have a 'little salad with my dressing' (lol) and this way i can still do that :P

i cringe to think at how many calories i used to pour on my salads was!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I just use balsamic. I have a white balsamic that tastes amazing -just drizzled over and very low calories. I also have a cherry balsamic and a dark balsamic. If you want to add some extra fat you can mix it with olive oil but that will up the calories.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like ANY kind of vinegar; salt, pepper, and onion powder, surprisingly good, with no oil even