Workout Dvd/App/Program Reccomendations

Options
I'm looking to loose weight and also build muscle (though at the moment I'm more concerned about the weight loss) and was curious if anyone could recommend some good workout dvds, programs, sites, plans, etc.
I'm really open to trying most things, if anyone has tried something and loved/hated it please let me know!
Ps. Feel free to add me as a friend, definitely need more active friends on here for motivation!

Replies

• viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Squats/Deadlifts/bench/Overhead press - Pull ups, chin ups,weighted dips.

Start with whatever weight you can- progressively increase the weight. Nothing fancy needed. Just do this and eat in a deficit. Period. You'd lose weight and gain strength (somewhat since you are on deficit)

You can also add HIIT that's if you workout 3 days a week then 2 days can be HIIT.

Also i don't know how to add as friends- if I click on your picture it shows send message or ignore.
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike Training app. I can throw headphones on or put on my Bluetooth speaker and have someone tell me what to do. (You can still play your choice of music!) Not of fan of working out in front of the tv but insanity was alright :)
    You can also get an interval timer app and plan your own workouts. 50 seconds work 10 sec rest do a few rounds of 4-8 exercises tailored to you and your goals. I like to have one more cardio-ish (high knees, mt. Climbers, shuffles) mixed with a few weighted ones.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    There are lots on YouTube for free stuff. I personally like Insanity, T25 and P90x from Beachbody.com. They cost money of course.

Good luck :)
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    1ProudHappyWife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Body Combat is awesome!! I just finished day two and I'm super pumped about it.

I think there are combat videos on YouTube. Otherwise you can buy the DVDs on eBay or Amazon. It was a Beach Body program, but I'm not sure if they sell it anymore.
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    1ProudHappyWife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yellowon02 wrote: »
    I like the Nike Training app. I can throw headphones on or put on my Bluetooth speaker and have someone tell me what to do. (You can still play your choice of music!) Not of fan of working out in front of the tv but insanity was alright :)
    You can also get an interval timer app and plan your own workouts. 50 seconds work 10 sec rest do a few rounds of 4-8 exercises tailored to you and your goals. I like to have one more cardio-ish (high knees, mt. Climbers, shuffles) mixed with a few weighted ones.

I used to use a tabatta app, and do intervals with it. That was a really awesome recommendation!