been struggling lately. help, please!

Options
I did well for 2 months. Ate almost clean, had treats in between, stayed active and exercised. Been off track for the last 2 weeks, I'm struggling majorly. Had some issues with the amount of calories I was eating, as I constantly felt hungry.
Earlier,I would have just quit, but not this time. I'm not going to let all the hard work go to waste. I need some motivation and advice.
For your reference, I'm 22 years old, female, 220 lbs and 5'3.75''. I have type 2 diabetes.
For the last 2 months, I ate 1200 calories, used a food scale, exercised 6 days a week at home and took 10,000-13,000 steps daily.
I really, really need to get back on track.
PS: I've not gained much weight in the last 2 weeks: just 1 lb, but I feel so guilty for my eating habits and for not exercising.

Replies

• 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Were you eating back your excercise calories for the two months?

Eat more would be my first thing. You can lose eating 1700-1900 and you won't be miserable and quit. Imo not quitting is all that matters.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Guilt doesn't burn any calories. Let it go and get back to work.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    take it easy on yourself :) you've done great to be consistent for 2 months. don't beat yourself up. Just start again slowly. pick a meal a day and just make it a great one as far as being super healthy. just go for a walk. enjoy some music and just move.

I have found that if i try to hard...like i just "HAVE" meet this goal or that goal and its very time consuming and doesn't fit easily into my schedule etc etc...it just slowly slips away from me. This time around, i'm just super convinced that realizing this is a long process and i'm just taking one day at a time and just doing what i can and not beating myself up for slipping up...it takes a lot of pressure off. maybe your changes were to drastic for you to realistic stick with, so if thats the case, lesson learned..start over again with something more sustainable.

Best wishes.....just DON"T GIVE UP!
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    42firm03 wrote: »
    Were you eating back your excercise calories for the two months?

Eat more would be my first thing. You can lose eating 1700-1900 and you won't be miserable and quit. Imo not quitting is all that matters.

No, I didn't eat back my exercise calories cause they seemed a bit overestimated to me!
    Yes, not quitting matters the most. Thank you!
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    take it easy on yourself :) you've done great to be consistent for 2 months. don't beat yourself up. Just start again slowly. pick a meal a day and just make it a great one as far as being super healthy. just go for a walk. enjoy some music and just move.

I have found that if i try to hard...like i just "HAVE" meet this goal or that goal and its very time consuming and doesn't fit easily into my schedule etc etc...it just slowly slips away from me. This time around, i'm just super convinced that realizing this is a long process and i'm just taking one day at a time and just doing what i can and not beating myself up for slipping up...it takes a lot of pressure off. maybe your changes were to drastic for you to realistic stick with, so if thats the case, lesson learned..start over again with something more sustainable.

Best wishes.....just DON"T GIVE UP!

I will do exactly what you told me to do! I enjoy walking and I walk as far as I can, as often I can. I know it's a long process;I just needed to hear it from somebody who has been there and come out of it! Thank you so much! :smile:

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    mou_254 wrote: »
    No, I didn't eat back my exercise calories cause they seemed a bit overestimated to me!
    Yes, not quitting matters the most. Thank you!

Eat back about 1/2 of your exercise calories as the very minimum. Eating 1200 calories is most likely a very aggressive weight loss goal already. You should not eat below that as a NET (1200+ exercise calories = NET). Since exercise calories are so hard to get right and most do seem inflated, eat back at least half of what you burn. Do this for a month or two and see what happens. If you are losing weight too quickly, eat back 3/4 of your exercise calories. Do this for a month or two and adjust again, if necessary.
    You need to find what works for you.
    Whatever it is, eat more. You'll be less hungry and you'll fuel your workouts.