having reduced fat cheese on dominos

Options
I was reading on the dominos website, I am on a cut at the moment so im looking for ways to reduce calories,The website says if I have the reduced fat cheese, it will have 33% less fat. The pizza with the regular cheese has 1818 calories. I calculated 33% it is 606 or so, does this mean the pizza with reduced fat cheese will have 1212 calories

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No. Only the cheese will have 33% less. The pizza isn't made of entirely cheese. You could save more calories by making pizza yourself.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I was reading on the dominos website, I am on a cut at the moment so im looking for ways to reduce calories,The website says if I have the reduced fat cheese, it will have 33% less fat. The pizza with the regular cheese has 1818 calories. I calculated 33% it is 606 or so, does this mean the pizza with reduced fat cheese will have 1212 calories

I would look at the fat grams in the regular pizza, multiply them by 3 and then subtract that number from the calories in regular pizza.

My reasoning: There are 9 calories per gram of fat. 3 is 33% of 9 so multiplying the grams of fat by 3 should give you 33% of the fat calories. That should be as good an estimate as you can get for 33% less fat.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I would look at the fat grams in the regular pizza, multiply them by 3 and then subtract that number from the calories in regular pizza.

My reasoning: There are 9 calories per gram of fat. 3 is 33% of 9 so multiplying the grams of fat by 3 should give you 33% of the fat calories. That should be as good an estimate as you can get for 33% less fat.

the pizza with the regular cheese is 1818 calories or so, what would the total calorie be with the reduced fat cheese, sorry my maths is bad.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

the pizza with the regular cheese is 1818 calories or so, what would the total calorie be with the reduced fat cheese, sorry my maths is bad.

How many grams of fat does the regular pizza have?
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    No. Only the cheese will have 33% less. The pizza isn't made of entirely cheese. You could save more calories by making pizza yourself.
    ^^ Agreed.

Honestly, I just make my own pizza now. So much easier to manage the calories/macros. I usually make a bunch of pizza dough once a month maybe two, stash it in the freezer, and then just pull one out a few hours before pizza making time. Toppings are easy so it really doesn't take long before we eat and it's been really handy to have on busy/lazy nights.

I guess you could go as far as making the whole pizza, then freezing it, so you can literally just grab and pop into the oven. But I prefer just doing the toppings fresh as we sometimes switch it up depending on what's left in the fridge.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Qft
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    And you would have to trust a teenage employee that makes minimum wage to remember to choose the right cheese !
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    This. Making your own pizza could knock off a significant number of calories.

• William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol at believing it will make a difference..probably a whole 9 calorie difference which isn't much. I agree with the person above, make your own.

also lol at being on a cut and making poor choices still
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just eat the real cheese... it will literally be 30 calories more per slice -- IF each slice even has a whole serving of cheese, which I doubt.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol at believing it will make a difference..probably a whole 9 calorie difference which isn't much. I agree with the person above, make your own.

eating pizza while on a cut is not "poor choices"... that is your opinion and a big LOL at that. i have eaten pizza while losing weight and don't consider it a "poor choice" since it has not hindered my progress so to each his own!
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    have a smaller/less pizza?
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    funny, i saw someone else bringing up the same thing with reduced cheese pizza the other day. why is this a thing? and why just the cheese?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go the Papa John's option if I wanted chain pizza and pick 'less cheese' or 'thinner crust' to cut calories.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Dominos has a calorie calculator...
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat the cheese- Fat is satiating to me.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza nearly every week. Make my own so I control the ingredients, crust, limit the sauce, ground sirloin, and not covering the thing in a pound of cheese.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Poor choices? He said pizza, which gives no other context to his entire diet. Once he's met his micros he doesn't get extra credit for exceeding them. If the pizza fits his macros it's not a "poor choice". I ate pizza with my kids once per week leading up to my bodybuilding competitions. Context of overall diet is more important than a single food.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can order the pizza with no cheese. Get tons of the vegetable toppings and skip the cheese.
    Or go go a place with thin crust pizza to save calories on the carbs.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Domino's website has the nutritional info for all their pizza's including their reduced fat cheese options, they do in the UK anyways so why don't you have a look online?

I don't order their pizza's anymore the majority of them have my full daily allowance in a whole medium pizza and who can just eat a slice?