Confussed !!

Options
It seems when i eat healthy and excercise I get hungry more often and feel tired. Is this normal? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I thought this lifestyle would make me feel better.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure you're eating enough calories/fat/protein?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?

Too large of a deficit can leave you feeling hungry and run down.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It depends on what "eating healthy" is. You have to make sure you are getting enough protein, fiber etc. If you just focus on carbs or calories it might not work for you.

Everyone is different. Try changing your macros.
  • michelle_frady
    michelle_frady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1400 calories per day but I've only reached around 1200 a day so far. But I have excercised a lot. Today alone I did 2 workouts on my eliptical and walked 30 min. And did about 40 min. Of floor excercises , push ups, crunches, squats, and stretches. I'm new at all this so I'm just grasping doing everything I can think of that might be good. But I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. I focus on 1400 calories , low fat, lower carb , high fiber. My goal is to loose 40 lbs and strengthen my body through excercise.
  • shadow2soul
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My goal is 1400 calories per day but I've only reached around 1200 a day so far. But I have excercised a lot. Today alone I did 2 workouts on my eliptical and walked 30 min. And did about 40 min. Of floor excercises , push ups, crunches, squats, and stretches. I'm new at all this so I'm just grasping doing everything I can think of that might be good. But I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. I focus on 1400 calories , low fat, lower carb , high fiber. My goal is to loose 40 lbs and strengthen my body through excercise.

So are you making up the calories with protein? Usually a low carb diet is High Fat/Protein and a low fat diet is High carb/protein. Unless you have a medical reason to do so, there really is no need to avoid carbs or fat. I think starting to add a bit of both back into your diet would not only help you reach your calorie goals, but help you feel better as well.
  • michelle_frady
    Options
    I'm trying to stay 200 carbs or less. 50 grams of fat, 25 g fiber, and 1400 calories. Have not tracked protein. This is just a plan I created myself so I honesly don't know if it's even a good one or not. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong , idk..... Lol
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You might be exercising too much for your calorie intake. This happened to me when I started running - I ended up with really big deficits, like 1000 calories. I wasn't eating any of them back and after about two weeks I was lethargic, unmotivated and exhausted. I try to keep my deficit between 250-600 calories, and that seems to help. Weight loss is slower, but at least I'm not grouchy and barely able to move.
  • michelle_frady
    Options
    Ok thanks. Maybe I just need to pick a couple of excercise options to do each day instead of trying to do everything under the sun I can think of lol.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    I'm trying to stay 200 carbs or less. 50 grams of fat, 25 g fiber, and 1400 calories. Have not tracked protein. This is just a plan I created myself so I honesly don't know if it's even a good one or not. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong , idk..... Lol

K.I.S.S.
    Plug your stats into MFP.
    Select your activity level based on what you do everyday NOT including exercise.
    Select a reasonable weight loss goal. Usual recommendation I see:
    • No more than 1% of your current body weight per week.
    • 25 lbs or less to lose = 0.5 lb per week
    • 25- 50 lbs to lose = 1 lb per week
    • 50-75 lbs to lose = 1.5 lb per week
    • 75 lbs + to lose = 2 lbs per week

Eat the calorie goal MFP gives you plus 50% of your exercise calories (adjust exercise calorie consumption as needed). Don't worry about macros at this stage. Just get a hang on accurately tracking.
  • michelle_frady
    Options
    Ok I will do this. Thank you for your help.