Any Football (soccer) fans about?!

Options

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Man U, and Napoli. As well as Larchmont United and Lamberts Point United, ok a little bias since they are my teams that I coach. ;-)
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    HUGE FAN of my daughter's U11 team
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love footy! I've only been a fan of the sport for around a year and a half, but it pretty much fills my weekend mornings now :joy: (it's on early in America). I mostly watch EPL, and I pay attention to a few teams right now.... Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Man U, oh and also LA Galaxy.

American fans need to branch out from liking mostly Man U and Real Madrid :unamused:
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    I love footy! I've only been a fan of the sport for around a year and a half, but it pretty much fills my weekend mornings now :joy: (it's on early in America). I mostly watch EPL, and I pay attention to a few teams right now.... Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Man U, oh and also LA Galaxy.

American fans need to branch out from liking mostly Man U and Real Madrid :unamused:

Those 2 clubs have a rich history and attract the best players in the world. Plenty of other clubs now have money to spend but they can't buy the prestige that Real Madrid or Man Utd has to offer. And they never will.

Besides, ain't nobody got time to watch Aston Villa on a Sat. morning no less (LOL).

The quality of the EPL has been shoddy lately. Can't see an EPL team winning the Champions League any time soon.

Do you have BeIN Sports? You should watch La Liga... good quality from top to bottom.

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Those 2 clubs have a rich history and attract the best players in the world. Plenty of other clubs now have money to spend but they can't buy the prestige that Real Madrid or Man Utd has to offer. And they never will.

Besides, ain't nobody got time to watch Aston Villa on a Sat. morning no less (LOL).

The quality of the EPL has been shoddy lately. Can't see an EPL team winning the Champions League any time soon.

Do you have BeIN Sports? You should watch La Liga... good quality from top to bottom.

You're getting a bit carried away now...

I have an obvious vested interest being a Man City fan, but it is surely reasonable given the available choice and quality out there, to expect American fans to delve a little deeper and cast their net wider than Man U and Real Madrid!?!?!.....trying not to be biased Bayern Munich? Barcelona? Juventus?....can't quite bring myself to name another EPL team!!! :lol:

It wasn't that long ago Liverpool was spoken of in the same reverential tones.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying the EPL is any better than the others, I wouldn't say it was worse either. I think its a bit silly that the top European leagues attempt to claim that somehow their league is better than the others. They're all watchable in their own way...

Anyone who supports Aston Villa at the moment should be given a medal. A true footie fan right there rather than some superficial glory hunter! :wink:

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I think hubby is a Man U fan and we are from the States. We have a home team (DC United) and they've done fairly well. Some day we will see a game in the UK. Are tickets hard to get?
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Newcastle.....unfortunately
  • ClubSilencio
    Options
    babason2 wrote: »

You're getting a bit carried away now...

I have an obvious vested interest being a Man City fan, but it is surely reasonable given the available choice and quality out there, to expect American fans to delve a little deeper and cast their net wider than Man U and Real Madrid!?!?!.....trying not to be biased Bayern Munich? Barcelona? Juventus?....can't quite bring myself to name another EPL team!!! :lol:

It wasn't that long ago Liverpool was spoken of in the same reverential tones.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying the EPL is any better than the others, I wouldn't say it was worse either. I think its a bit silly that the top European leagues attempt to claim that somehow their league is better than the others. They're all watchable in their own way...

Anyone who supports Aston Villa at the moment should be given a medal. A true footie fan right there rather than some superficial glory hunter! :wink:

Another rubbish week in the EPL. No one wants to claim it.

• ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hala Madrid!
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Life long spurs fan
  • Tallawah_
    Options
    Your boys are nearly there!!! One more win!!! :smiley:
  • ClubSilencio
    Options

Who, Leicester?

Because Real Madrid are one win away from knocking out your Mancs!!! :smiley:

• nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Brasil fan here!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Big fan

tumblr_lohw5bcCNb1qa5y1do1_400.gif
  • Tallawah_
    Options

Who, Leicester?

Because Real Madrid are one win away from knocking out your Mancs!!! :smiley:

Hahahahahaha!!!

Yeah I was talking about Leicester!

I forgot you were a Real Madrid fan! Bring it on!!! :lol:
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Real Madrid Fan here :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Huge FC Barcelona fan here.

Have to wait until next week, but I am pretty sure it is going to be Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Championship game. Rooting for Atletico in the final, but I still have hope that FC Barcelona will pull it out and capture La Liga this year.
  • Raw_Forever
    Raw_Forever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HUGE Chelsea fan. Come on You Blues! We underperformed this season no doubt, but with Conte coming in next year, the future is bring. Our Youth Teams are dominating their age competitions having just retained the FA Youth Cup, and won the Euro Youth Cup as well. If links to Naingolan (Roma) and Bonucci (Juventus) are well-founded, and if we can keep Hazard for next season, then the sky is the limit.

However our immediate brief is to beat Spurs next Monday and ensure that Leicester (with its Chelsea alumni of Ranieri & Huth) win the title.

And oh, I hope Athletico Madrid go on to knock Bayern out in the 2nd leg of the CL semi-finals, and win the final too.

Finally, I am looking for football mad MFP friends. Feel free to add me, whatever your affiliation!

Come on You Blues!!! Pride of London!
  • Tallawah_
    Options
    Congrats to Leicester!!! Happy to admit I was a doubter and have been proven totally wrong! Thoroughly deserved!!! :smiley:
  • Pottsey_x
    Pottsey_x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HUGE Chelsea fan. Come on You Blues! We underperformed this season no doubt, but with Conte coming in next year, the future is bring. Our Youth Teams are dominating their age competitions having just retained the FA Youth Cup, and won the Euro Youth Cup as well. If links to Naingolan (Roma) and Bonucci (Juventus) are well-founded, and if we can keep Hazard for next season, then the sky is the limit.

However our immediate brief is to beat Spurs next Monday and ensure that Leicester (with its Chelsea alumni of Ranieri & Huth) win the title.

And oh, I hope Athletico Madrid go on to knock Bayern out in the 2nd leg of the CL semi-finals, and win the final too.

Finally, I am looking for football mad MFP friends. Feel free to add me, whatever your affiliation!

Come on You Blues!!! Pride of London!

THANKYOU CHELSEA!!!! The game was incredible