no beachbody database

Options
I am having trouble entering Strength Training exercises. Why is there no Beachbody workouts in the database? It would be much easier to add a P90X Chest & Back workout all in one instead of each exercise separately, unless I am doing it wrong :S

Replies

• wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    the calorie burns on those workouts is extremely dependent on how hard you try...no "canned" solution there...at least not one that's accurate
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Everydayhealth.com allows you to calculate calorie burn by each class. I can't post the link bc you need an account to access the calculators now but once you have an account search "cardio conditioning exercises calorie calculator" within the website and you should be able to find a list of popular ar home workout classes including P90X. You could also log P90X under Circuit Training in the MFP database. Ultimately, a heart rate monitor is the best method to track calorie burn and even with an HRM, it's difficult to accurately track calories burnt during strength training.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    if your doing a canned routine like that (and its a great one), i think your much better off just following the guidelines in the nutrition guide.

All i did to get great results was put my stats into thier formula to determine how many cals i should be eating, then set up my macros as outlined in the guide and changed them (as per the guide) over the months.

never made a meal from the meal plan but but sticking to the macros your essentially following the diet.

They spent a lot of money coming up with the diet plan, might as well give it a shot at least once, thast my 2 cents.

FYI it says in the guide that they estimate p90x calorie burn at 600 cals a day. thats just a Wild *kitten* Guess but every type of calorie/exercise tracking is going to be an estimate.