Not seeing my weightloss in the mirror

Options
2»

Replies

• Mirasaki
    Mirasaki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's hard when you normally look at yourself in the mirror, because you see yourself every day and its hard to see the difference. What I like to do is look back at pictures and compare them with current pictures, then you will see more of a difference :) I've only lost 19 lbs but I can already see a change from when I started when I look back in photographs. The best kind are those where the picture is a full body photograph while wearing tight fitting clothes, but after 30+lbs of weight loss you should be able to see the difference in other pictures too :)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I experienced this significantly and still do at times. It comes from me being an overweight child and teenager; I was made fun of and bullied constantly. I tend to be very self-deprecating at times and I always doubt my progress. It wasn't until recently when someone suggested I put my progress pictures side by side that it actually hit me.

dwzw0zgay6cl.jpg

I laughed, I cried, and then I felt much better about myself overall. Now it's unbelievable to me that I couldn't see this beforehand.