Can I change my start weight?

Options
Numer1ca
Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
Originally I set up this account for my son. He with refusing to eat and I wanted him to track his nutrition so he could be healthy.

But he only weighs 75 pounds. I weigh a lot more and I have to lose 50 pounds or so. My chart looks crazy.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight or edit previous entries. On your mobile device, you can use the Web browser and request to load the desktop site.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile, which is used to calculate your overall loss (or gain).

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.

a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or

b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.

c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That totally worked!