Weight gain with reduced cals and lots of cardio

Options
I am doing cardio at least 4 times a week, working out resistance wise maybe 2-3 times a week. Not too heavy of weights, but the reps challenge me. I come way short of burning the suggested cals this app says I need. I lost 15lbs the first few weeks. I still have some love handles I'd like to lose. I weighed in tonight, and I have gained 2lbs. My shoulders, arms, chest, and abs are getting definition to them. But my lower back, "love handles"are being stubborn to shed. Any suggestions? Am I not being patient enough? In general I have a descent diet. Any insight would be appreciated.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How's your calorie logging on your intake? Weighing everything and logging with care

How are you logging your burns?

Yes have patience - 15lbs is a good loss but you need to give it time

But also Increase weight ..lift heavy ...full compound lifts not isolation (unless experienced which I doubt if you're increasing reps but not weight)
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    2lbs will just be water weight, especially if you've been training hard - they say that you do gain water weight initially when starting a new training schedule. Give it a bit more time and track your weight and you will most likely see a downward trend - weight loss is not linear. As long as you are accurately logging your calories and not overestimating your burn, it will keep coming off, you just have to be patient. In terms of the bits that are harder to get rid of, unfortunately (believe me I would if I could) you can't spot reduce. I've lost 45 lbs and I'm convinced my thighs and butt are still the same size!!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Get a scale that indicates percent body fat. Only then will you know what's going on