Howdy! Scared and excited.

Options
thrillho3
thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
I am frustrated and depressed. I'm only 5'5", but I've been between 200 and 215lbs for the last 5 years. For some reason I can't get below 200. I came close, once.

Since Jan 2013, I've been eating limited amounts of sugar and wheat. I eat processed foods maybe once a month. I drink water mostly, and wine and bourbon on the weekends. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I do at least 20min of exercise/day. I have a standing desk. It's really easy for me to build muscle but extremely hard for me to lose weight. I have an odd-shaped body—basically all my excess fat is in my gut and in my neck. From certain angles I look healthy, from others I look pregnant.

The only success I've had in the past is when I've been diligent with tracking, so I figured I'd give MFP a shot. I'm getting married next summer (Aug 2014) and if I could be my goal weight by then, that'd be great! Hell, I'd be happy with anything right now. I'm probably PMSing.

Anyway I know group support is a major factor in weight-loss so if any of you want to be my friend... :)

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    friend request sent
  • dbustamante76
    Options
    Hey there MFP is a great site lots of great advice! do you work out in the gym if so how much? Would it be possible to open up your diary so we can see what you eat to see if theres any alternatives to what you are currently eating?
  • GypsyRoaddog
    GypsyRoaddog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I followed the suggestions here a couple of years ago and was losing weight and feeling good. I dropped off the chart and gained back to above where I left off. 2 years later I'm back and at it again. If You chart ALL your food intake and do even some minimal exercising as a start, You will see success. Sometimes it takes a bit to get going (losing weight) but there are SO MANY success stories here --> If others can do it, You (& I !!!) can too !!!
    Good Luck. There's plenty of support here if You need/want it.
    Gyps
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll do all those things :) I don't go to the gym. My fitness regimen rotates between the 30 Day Shred, 30-60min hikes (I live in SF, lots of hills), riding my bike to the beach and back (60 min). I try to do one of those per day. Some days I don't do anything though, but I at least go for a bit of a walk :)