Anyone 5ft ??? And struggles with food !!!

2»

Replies

• zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    I'm 5'1 and my TDEE to maintain at sedentary is 1500.
    However, since I do workout 3-5hrs /week I can eat at 1800 and still be at deficit.
    I do feel envious with taller people coz their cals is a bit higher, but if I want to eat more, I get the added calories from exercise. ;)

I believe in moderation and not labelling anything as good or bad. Especially since I love baked foods, ice creams etc. I try to fit in those treats in my daily cals.. I've lost 36lbs so far with 14 to go.. Lets keep going strong !
  • Lapetitechat
    Lapetitechat Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    I was just about to make a post like this!!! I am 42, a hair under 5'1 plus somewhat sedentary. MFP says to lose weight I need to be at 1200 cal a day, but frankly - I barely lose at that. I think it is more of a "maintain" weight. I actually lose if I go down to 1000-1100. But what the heck to eat and still stay sated at that low calorie level is my question. The thought of eating salad and not much else makes me rather frustrated.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    I was just about to make a post like this!!! I am 42, a hair under 5'1 plus somewhat sedentary. MFP says to lose weight I need to be at 1200 cal a day, but frankly - I barely lose at that. I think it is more of a "maintain" weight. I actually lose if I go down to 1000-1100. But what the heck to eat and still stay sated at that low calorie level is my question. The thought of eating salad and not much else makes me rather frustrated.

i have that problem too. 1200 is simply not a big deficit for me at all. it's aggravating. but i just have to make myself get off my lazy butt and exercise and it does make a difference. guess it can't be easy for us short people, if we just wanted to eat a deficit to lose weight i think we'd be around 900-1000 calories a day lol which is not healthy imo.

but filling foods for me that fit into my calories are things like soups (either canned or homemade, i'm not judging), oatmeal (definitely filling), tuna salad or boiled egg salad (or a combo of the two) with dressings like salsa & whatever else veggies you want. egg whites & 40-45 cal toast with fruit usually keeps me full. i like making dishes with high volumes of vegetables. a dish i frequently make is: half serving of a portion of beans, random veggies, cooked with salsa & a big side of broccoli. i also like using shirataki noodles & making either stirfrys with them, adding in veggies/tofu or chicken or something and soy sauce, or a spaghetti type dish. you definitely have to get creative & find what you like. i'm not toooo picky so you might not like my suggestions :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I'm 5'1, my diary is open if you wanna peek
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm 4'8... I definitely stuggle to stick to 1,200 Cal's a day! My husband can eat 4X what I can and not gain a lb...

Y'all can add me! :)