Fitness/Nutrition Podcasts

Options
arditarose
arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
Favorite Fitness/Nutrition Podcasts? I've listened to most of Physique Science Radio with Layne Norton. I like Half Size Me but I kind of prefer the science in Layne's show. I started Sigma Nutrition but sometimes they are a little TOO over my head with the science.

Replies

• Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I can, I listen to Nia Shanks. I'd love other suggestions too so following....
  • arditarose
    Options
    Erfw7471 wrote: »
    When I can, I listen to Nia Shanks. I'd love other suggestions too so following....

Ah right! I was just about to listen to another podcast where she is the guest. Didn't know she had her own. Thanks!

Also, if anyone knows of episodes where Alan Aragon is a guest, please let me know. I've already listened to the Half Size Me one.
  • Mecklar75
    Mecklar75 Posts: 183 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am training for a Half IRONMAN and want to lose 20 pounds. But don't want to lose muscle. Any podcasts that cover weight loss while doing endurance training?

I find that if I Bike 50 miles or run 10 miles I just get more hungry.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Mecklar75 wrote: »
    I am training for a Half IRONMAN and want to lose 20 pounds. But don't want to lose muscle. Any podcasts that cover weight loss while doing endurance training?

I find that if I Bike 50 miles or run 10 miles I just get more hungry.

Most of the podcasts I listen to cover nutrition or strength training...I did just listen to an episode, I think it was about the impact of endurance training on muscle. I'll see if I can find it. Have to think of who it was :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Nevermind, it was about HIIT
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I listen to Kimberly Snyders 'beauty inside out' podcast.
  • arditarose
    Options

lol...the name of it...I'm judging! Ah, sorry! What type of things does she discuss?
  • chelseascounter
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

lol...the name of it...I'm judging! Ah, sorry! What type of things does she discuss?

Lol from her website

"Kimberly Snyder, CN, celebrated nutritionist and New York Times best selling author of The Beauty Detox Power, The Beauty Detox Foods and The Beauty Detox Solution, delves deep into all things beauty, health and wellness-related. Kimberly believes that “Outer beauty is a reflection of inner health”, and shares her knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. Kimberly’s mission is clear: to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out."
  • arditarose
    Options

Lol from her website

"Kimberly Snyder, CN, celebrated nutritionist and New York Times best selling author of The Beauty Detox Power, The Beauty Detox Foods and The Beauty Detox Solution, delves deep into all things beauty, health and wellness-related. Kimberly believes that “Outer beauty is a reflection of inner health”, and shares her knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. Kimberly’s mission is clear: to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out."

Oh. I saw "detox" books. I am not into that. I prefer science based nutrition podcasts.
  • chelseascounter
    Options

Lol from her website

Oh. I saw "detox" books. I am not into that. I prefer science based nutrition podcasts.

I think Robb Wolf's podcast is science based. I listened to it when I was doing paleo last summer.
  • Mecklar75
    Mecklar75 Posts: 183 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I know this isn't a podcast but I did find an outline of how your calories should be broken up to lose weight while endurance training.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2014/07/hit-race-weight-on-time.aspx#axzz442rEaPNJ

I always have a hard time meal planning. I will see what I can put together.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    You have to be very selective on what you listen to, lots of junk science out there.

Some of mine:

Science of Ultra - every once in a while
    Physique Science - Biolane
    Gastropod - excellent (listen to the calorie one to get an idea...)
    ReachMD - inconsistent, several different med/nutrition casts.
    Sigma Nutrition
    Psychology of Eating - mostly terrible advice, a rare good cast, but I use some of their themes to blog about or discuss
    Ben Greenfield - 50% majoring in the minors but some interesting topics. I skip a lot. A lot of his nutrition info is just junk. But the exercise/body dynamics stuff can be very good.
    Ultra runner podcast
    Health and Nutrition Cornell - I think they stopped a few years ago.

There are a whole bunch of primal casts but I can't listen to that stuff.

(As you can tell, I spend a lot of time in the car...)
  • arditarose
    Options
    You have to be very selective on what you listen to, lots of junk science out there.

Some of mine:

Sigma Nutrition
    Psychology of Eating - mostly terrible advice, a rare good cast, but I use some of their themes to blog about or discuss
    Ben Greenfield - 50% majoring in the minors but some interesting topics. I skip a lot. A lot of his nutrition info is just junk. But the exercise/body dynamics stuff can be very good.
    Ultra runner podcast

Ah okay. I'm already a huge fan of Physique Science and Sigma Nutrition so your suggestions are more up my alley probably.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't have any fitness podcasts to add, but thanks for mentioning Physique Science! I've listened to a couple of their episodes and find it pretty nice.
  • arditarose
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I don't have any fitness podcasts to add, but thanks for mentioning Physique Science! I've listened to a couple of their episodes and find it pretty nice.

Just saw this! Glad you like it :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I just started listening to TNT Training and Nutrition Truth (.com) :). Good stuff.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    And, thanks for the lists above, I will be checking them out. :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    I know I wrote in my original post that Sigma Nutrition was too over my head but the more I've been listening the more I've been catching on and really enjoy it!

I've add Shredded by Science, The Personal Trainer Podcast and IceCream4PRs to my list.

Yesterday I wanted to hear Menno Henselmans speak on a particular topic which lead me to the HerBody podcast. It was a good interview so I listened to another episode and I think I like it.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Some of mine:

Sigma Nutrition
    Ultra runner podcast

Thanks for the ref to Gastropod - it is really a gem!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I'm easy. I listen to Mark Bell's SuperTraining podcast.