Good to Bad

Options
After losing about 15 pounds in 3 weeks eating 1200 calories a day and playing basketball I decided to have a "bad day" sadly this has turned into a week. A little background I've lost 95 pounds (in about a year) weigh 153 (before bad week haven't weighed myself yet...) I'm 5'7 and I'm 18. Any advice on how to get back on track and stay motivated... I currently plan to start a new workout plan tomorrow and Do a water and gum Fast all day tomorrow as well. Any other suggestions. Also feel free to add me

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a crazy fast! That's just setting yourself up to go off the rails again.

Your here, you recognize what happened.

And now it's behind you. Just go back to doing what you were before, and if you were still sticking to 1200 then really consider eating a bit more than that. 18 and play basketball? You need more food. Your are metabolically at your peak.

Save the 1200 calories for when your over 40...if ever.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Losing 15 lbs in 3 weeks was aggressive.
    This time, lose weight in a healthy way.
    No starving. Eat healthy.
    Opinion: Extreme low calories leads to eventual bingeing.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    5lbs/week might be standard for someone who is like 400lbs, but it is WAY too aggressive for an active person at a healthy weight.

Eat more than 1200 cals, keep up the same amount of activity, and lose it more slowly so that you don't feel the need to gorge yourself to feel sated.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Mandi98U wrote: »
    After losing about 15 pounds in 3 weeks eating 1200 calories a day and playing basketball I decided to have a "bad day" sadly this has turned into a week. A little background I've lost 95 pounds (in about a year) weigh 153 (before bad week haven't weighed myself yet...) I'm 5'7 and I'm 18. Any advice on how to get back on track and stay motivated... I currently plan to start a new workout plan tomorrow and Do a water and gum Fast all day tomorrow as well. Any other suggestions. Also feel free to add me

15 pounds in 3 weeks is kind of an extreme rate of loss. 1200 calories with exercise is kind of an extreme calorie goal. A water and gum fast to make up for a bad week is kind of an extreme reaction.

My advice would be to stop bouncing around between extremes. Set a more moderate calorie goal, eat back some of your exercise calories to help fuel your workouts, and you might find you're less likely to have bad weeks.