New Here... and Determined!

Options
IGotThis68
IGotThis68 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone.. I'm happy to be here! 3 years ago I got the shocking news that I was Type 2 Diabetic. For three days, I was angry and felt like life as I knew it was over (we all know how easily life can revolve around food.. and unhealthy food at that)! But on the 4th day I woke up, and decided, this is my life, and nobody else is going to make the changes that I need to make to stay healthy. I grabbed the 'bull by the horns', went to diabetic education classes, talked to other diabetics, and got educated. Within 8 months I had dropped 60 lbs, going from a size 15 jean to a size 3, just by eliminating, or severely restricting, "white carbs"... sugar, white flour, pasta, bread, potatoes, and by adding daily cardio and weight training. Within a year and a half I was able to stop taking Metformin. I still watch what I eat, and exercise is a very important part of my day, but some weight (especially in that much hated mid-section) has crept back on and I've been on a very long term plateau. I'm determined to break the plateau once and for awhile, and really feel excited and optimistic that journaling what I eat, plus getting support from others will help me to accomplish my goals! In a nutshell, that's me! :smiley: