5'6'', 215 to 173 in a year

Options
sprale
sprale Posts: 117 Member
njka87reqf25.png

Here is my last year's progress. I'm down from an all time high of 237 lbs. I lost about 60 lbs and then gained back most of it, reaching 230 lbs, due to medication. In Fall of 2014, I started losing again through a medically managed program. Now I am around 173, according to the scale today.

My plan now is to keep losing and get down to 150 lbs as well as work on strength training. I'm doing PiYo to develop strength and flexibility. I also do Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ballet, and walking for exercise.

The main part of my program however has been getting my eating under control. By logging every day and keeping my calories at a reasonable amount given my goals, I've managed to lose over 50 pounds since I started the medically managed program for the second time. I still sometimes overeat and binge, but I'm a lot better than I used to be.

adpqjumneawl.jpg

Here's another picture of me at my current weight.

Replies

• MaryB781
    MaryB781 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing. I'm the same height and weight with same goal weight, so it's very helpful.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look a lot healthier and must feel better too!
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you are killing it!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You look incredible and it is so nice to see you smiling and looking happy in the current pictures. It's nice to progress pictures from someone with the same stats as me - I am 5'6" and this morning weighed 172.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great work! Looking fabulous!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good lass :-)
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations on all the hard work!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    MaryB781 wrote: »
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing. I'm the same height and weight with same goal weight, so it's very helpful.

And inspiring and you look fantastic! ☺
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!