Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Yeah, that slowdown was butt. But I put up with it cause FFT. Haha.

I am going to get FFIX when it hits steam. I hated 8, but 9 was cool. And I never got to beat it back then, so a lot of it will be fresh for me.

9 is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the 7 remake, but 9 was just so charming. I really wish they'd make another single-player like that. XIV has a lot of the same charm but sometimes I just want to chill by myself.

I never did finish 8. My damn completionist tendencies and never beating Omega Weapon :-/
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »

Yeah, that slowdown was butt. But I put up with it cause FFT. Haha.

I am going to get FFIX when it hits steam. I hated 8, but 9 was cool. And I never got to beat it back then, so a lot of it will be fresh for me.

9 is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the 7 remake, but 9 was just so charming. I really wish they'd make another single-player like that. XIV has a lot of the same charm but sometimes I just want to chill by myself.

I never did finish 8. My damn completionist tendencies and never beating Omega Weapon :-/

I have a lazy completionist thing going most of the time. As I'm playing I definitely don't want to miss anything, and I will spend way too long going out of my way to search for secrets. A lot of times this is to my own detriment and I end up burning myself out on the game before finishing it.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm playing Skyrim again as I mentioned. 70 hours in, only finished the Civil War questline. Haven't touched Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, Companions, barely started Thieves Guild. Still haven't visited Falkreath or Dawnstar. Just enjoying random dungeon crawls.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    PC gamer here. Almost 1000 hours logged on Skyrim. XD But I play a lot of things, from FPS like Quake 3 Arena to RPGs like Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Wish I didn't have issues with vertigo so I could play more FPS games though. Also into Star Wars Old Republic, which I'm very much enjoying.
    chiptease wrote: »
    Fallout 4! My settlements are getting hooked up with nice guns, armor, and stores

Yeah, when I found out you could build your settlements, that was it for me. I haven't finished the main quest yet. It's like playing a post-apocalyptic Sims! XD
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    PC gamer mainly. Though I have a lot of app games too. Warframe, Star Wars, Dragon Age inquisition currently. used to be big into WoW and other such games.
  • VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of that new ish game Arc Survival Evolved? It looks pretty cool but I'm waiting for the official release. It's got farming and stuff but also dinosaurs :D
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of that new ish game Arc Survival Evolved? It looks pretty cool but I'm waiting for the official release. It's got farming and stuff but also dinosaurs :D

I bought it and ran it for like 5 minutes before I turned it off. It ran terrible on my machine, which shouldn't be a thing when I have 2x gtx 980ti, i9 5770k, ssd, 32gb of ddr4 ram. I'm guessing it's just not optimized well or doesn't support sli well.

And if you're waiting for official release, good luck! Those games spend years in early access. I wonder if some of them will ever leave it...
  • elykt
    elykt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Grew up playing games with my brother. Console and PC. Big fan of Skyrim, Dragon Age, Destiny, just started the Witcher 3. Sometimes I play Ocarina of Time on my DS, when my 4 year old isn't using it.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Retro games from the '90s are my thing. Legend of Zelda (especially MM and OoT), Heroes 3 (for PC), Sims 1.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I beat nethack. Took me years. Still best PC game of all time.
  • SupermanAddict82
    SupermanAddict82 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Currently playing Dragon age 2, Tomb Raider, Injustice, Skyrim, Borderlands and Magic The Gathering.
    Also use 360 for fitness with UFC Trainer and Fitness Evolved.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Half life 2 is my favorite.
    I have a PS4, but I mostly stick to Steam now. Street Fighter V just came out. Can't wait to get that!
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I collect video game consoles .
    Right now I have been playing the snes a lot lately and lollipop chainsaw for ps2
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    PC its EVE ... and just picked up the Mass Effect trilogy for the 360 finally after playing it on PC for ages.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    EVE: Valkyrie. Just waiting for my Oculus Rift to arrive...

A gamer that knows his ****
  • ericbscott
    ericbscott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Xbox1, forza2 anyone?
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Favorite game: Half-Life 1+2 (3? :'( )
    Currently trying to finish the Metal Gear series: MGS 1 was a blast. Currently half way through MGS 2.
  • melasencio
    melasencio Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I played Jenga once.
  • FuncTioN64
    FuncTioN64 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's all about lifting weights and crushing the dreams of 12 yr old kids thinking they can beat this old man at battlefront, cod and SF5.

Love the final fantasy series, Zelda collection and the mega man franchise amongst a host of other titles.

Add me! Unless you're 12. Then don't.
  • Mr_Tordek
    Mr_Tordek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also waiting for my Oculus Rift and I'm eager to see how much the Vive will cost. It's also interesting to me how my personal tastes changed gaming wise. I used to be very into the fps genre and now I'd much rather play a story driven game instead of the typical in your face competitive multiplayer (but I'll still play them with friends each week.)

I own 2 xbox ones and have a Rift ready gaming PC.

I recently finished The Witcher 3 (You don't beat that game, it beats you.) I got all 'good' endings but I still didn't feel right for a week, hands down the best game of the year. If you do all the side quests it's like 100 stories rolled into one. Also Gwent is awesome and gotta love those PC mods, never venture into the game without em. Can't wait for the Blood and Wine expansion.

2014 was the worst gaming year in a long time, but 2015 pulled it together with an awesome lineup (except for PC batman, so sad. )

As for upcoming games, I hope the division isn't terrible (currently open beta weekend) and I hope Black Desert Online isn't too pay 2 win. Can't wait for VR to launch. I may even get American Truck simulator if it will support the rift.

I haven't picked up Ark yet, I hear that it's horribly optimized but that's forgivable since it's still considered early access. I don't like how you can get your loot stolen when you're logged out though, that seems kinda jacked.