Support on a Rest Day

Options
I haven't had a rest day in about two weeks. Lifting every day, and this week I changed up my methods and increased my weight a lot, so to put it lightly - I am sore. Lower body day was two days ago and I'm still feeling it. Upper body from yesterday has me aching too. Needless to say, today I am taking a day off. Mentally, this is a challenge for me. I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing if I'm not at the gym in my spare time, no matter how well I eat. Hate that feeling! I know damn well that when I go back for a lower body sesh tomorrow, I will feel strong and rested, but for today I feel weak, achy and chunky. SOS for any advice on how to deal? I play on taking it easy and stretching really well when I get home, but I'm not going to push cardio or any sort of light lifting.

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    rest is an essential part of this entire process... you are WELL over-due for a rest day if you have worked out for two consecutive weeks.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Maybe you could take a long walk? You would get some blood flow to those tired muscles and not feel like you're just sitting.
  • Bret463
    Bret463 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Giving your muscles a break and time to recooperate is a good thing. They will build back up even stronger and you will be ready to go! So don't feel like nothing is getting done. Sounds like you have done a great job so far!!