What do you do to curb hunger?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,992 Member
    Options
    meg7117 wrote: »
    I often get hungry in the middle of the day and at night. It's not real hunger, it's more out of boredom. What are some ways to distract myself so I don't end up snacking because I'm bored?

Would you please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings?

There are some common things people do that make them hungrier than they need to be.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    eat
  • pluto2626
    pluto2626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    At night after dinner and a glass of wine, I brush my teeth. Sounds weird but it works for me to make sure I don't eat anything else. Best of luck to you!!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    blknred28 wrote: »
    I've heard chewing bubble gum helps

Don't chew gum. All that does is fill your stomach up with air and makes you feel bloated.

Where on earth did you hear that?

Chewing gum can help. If I am just bored and I know that is all it is I find something to do that will distract me. If I am truly feeling hungry I have a snack and log it.

I will say that early on in the weight loss journey I would sometimes feel like my stomach was trying to gnaw its way out. The first few weeks were hard. What I learned is that I was not eating enough. I dumped weight fast but being miserable means in the long run I would have given up. A smaller deficit keeps me comfortable and still losing weight.

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Chew gum.
  • jcara01
    jcara01 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The thought of hunger only lasts until you are not bored anymore, so go find a bag or a firm cushion, put on some mitts (or not) and start punching until the thought goes away - a few upper cuts and cross jabs later.... your Problem will be Solved! ;)
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If I am truly hungry, I eat. Something with protein, or an apple. Keep it no more than a hundred calories or so. Usually does the trick. To reiterate, if I'm truly hungry...
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum does help me because it gets a good flavor in my mouth and if I'm not really hungry but just want something thats a great choice for me. I also love chicken broth which is low calorie. Eating some raw carrots or celery and then drinking chicken broth helps keep me satisfied between meals at times.