2 lbs from goal weight! What's next?

Options
Hello fellow health nuts! I came seeking advice on where to go after reaching a goal weight?
My personal story is after years of being thin I finally figured out how over the last 6 months to put on 15 lbs of muscle mass and reach my goal weight. That's the good news! The disappointment comes from it isn't exactly what I expected it to look like and now I feel the need to re evaluate my goal and strive for more of the ideal look I want. I thought once I hit my goal I would be content and at least get some pleasure out of my achievement.
I guess my question would be how many of you out there have hit goals and feel let down or are looking to re evaluate if you should stay put or keep pushing? Should I set a new much more lofty goal for what I believe will be my new end game ideal weight or just keep making small goals and strive to knock those out and re evaluate along the way to stay motivated? Thanks for the click and please share any advice or personal stories

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well done! I hit my first goal, adjusted it down, hit that, adjusted it down and have been at that goal weight (more or less) for the last year. I am now pretty happy with how I look and feel. This means I have more or less switched to maintenance now, though I would quite like to lose another 1kg over Lent.

You might find the maintenance section on this forum helpful - lots of discussions there of this kind of question and of how to make the transition once you get to where you want to be.
  • BrianJohnson2015
    BrianJohnson2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks appreciate the respos
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!