any 50+ women out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• chekerr
    chekerr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbiecat Thank you for clarifying that I am not the person who started Any 50+ Women out there. :) I am new to MFP and was attempting to join your group already in progress. I was really attracted to the group because I am 50+ and need to lose 60lbs. I am very touched by the support and sensitivity shared among members of the group. I believe that kind of support and sharing is critical for me and others to succeed. So once again Thank you all for showing the way to a better and healthy life. Muah!
  • nmiller0813
    nmiller0813 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hello Chekerr; I am 51, and I have been on here for about 6 months. The support and advice here is a wonderful thing. Please feel free to add me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to join a great ongoing conversation among women ages 50+ we invite you to take part in our community

here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1032984-women-ages-50-for-july-2013

all you have to do is jump into the conversation and keep coming back
  • emmajones0221
    Options
    I'm new too, 50 YO with 50 lbs. to lose. Add me!
  • annabell48
    annabell48 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 53 year young Michigander. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you care too. I lost 55 pounds between 9/1/03 and 6/1/04 and have been yo-yoing ever since. For the most part, I have maintained between 50 and 55 pounds but have gone to a 45 pound loss at one point and as much as a 60 pound loss. Hang in there.
  • marthahorn
    marthahorn Posts: 23
    Options
    Yeah!! I'm almost 54, joined 3 weeks ago and after losing 4 pounds, I only have 131 to go. :drinker: It sounds so overwhelming but it has really helped me to log in and check out what others are saying. I plan to join the 50+ thread, too. Looking forward to walking through this with all of you!
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    52 years old and proud of every wrinkle earned. :smile:
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debra & 52 years old. Feel free to add me. Best wishes to everyone!
  • butterflychg
    butterflychg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 56 and new to this site. I need to lose 50 pounds.
    I'm embarrassed by my weight, tired of not having energy and want to able to move, go and do again.
    I need all the encouragement and accountability I can get.
    This week I have started walking again - 2 miles yesterday!
    Please feel free to add me to your friends list. :-)
  • kkesler52
    kkesler52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 53 and had previously lost 22 lbs but fell off the wagon at Xmas and have nearly gained all back....gotta get motivated and start recording what I stick in my mouth again as it really helps keep me on track! Feel free to add me! I can use all the encouragement I can get!
  • carriepbm
    carriepbm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If looking for age specific friends, search the groups. There is both a 50+ group and a 60+ group on MFP. MFP is a great place to find just the kind of support you need at each point on your journey.
  • krissutherland2
    Options
    Hi, I'm over 50 and just started yesterday. I am encouraging you to keep walking but be reasonable about your goals. You don't want to set the goals too high if you don't want to get right back off the horse because you're so sore; Make sure to drink extra
    water (ice tea should be decaff. green) and you won't have so much pain. Also sugar and caffiene both make you hurt from toxins
    in your muscles. I will certainly add you to my friends list. I have to lose 75#. Let's do encourage each other.
  • CrystalBonner
    CrystalBonner Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    50 here and loving every minute of it. This life change of clean eating has been awesome!
  • FatHatMom
    FatHatMom Posts: 2
    Options
    YES! I was always very thin until last year when I was nearing 50 and now that it's here I am NOT keeping on this 50 pounds that just popped on out of nowhere! The issues for 50 and over are crazy to me!
  • FatHatMom
    FatHatMom Posts: 2
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm in the same boat as you!
  • pcroberge
    pcroberge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I'm 63 with a recent knee replacement and I'm determined to lose 60 lbs before our trip to Hawaii in January 2014. I'll take any and all help you all can give!
    Good luck to all of us.
  • pcroberge
    pcroberge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi butterflychg, I can agree with your words completely!