macro-friendly ~500 calorie chicken alfredo (huge portions)

Options
blondie_mfp
blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
I've been making this for a few years whenever I get a hankering for pasta with a non-tomato-based sauce. it is delicious! I always freeze half of it (usually in individual tupperware bowls to easily reheat in the microwave) and it is still just as good several weeks later.

I slightly adapted the recipe from gimme some oven:

makes 8 very large, very filling portions.

INGREDIENTS:

14.5 oz box barilla plus angel hair pasta (yellow box)
2 Tbsp olive oil
several cloves of garlic (to taste)
6 Tbsp/~47 g flour
2 c low-sodium chicken broth
2 c skim milk
12 oz parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, other spices as desired
24 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked

DIRECTIONS:

Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, in generously salted water.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute for an additional minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.

Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute until thickened, then stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and spices until the cheese is melted. Reduce heat to medium-low until pasta reaches al dente.

Drain pasta, then immediately add pasta and cooked chicken to the saute pan with alfredo sauce. Toss to combine. Serve topped with chopped fresh parsley if desired.

t9425psd21it.jpg