Getting in Shape for 45 to Life

Options
Hello All,
I am a veteran of the USMC and have been physically active almost my whole life. During the time the wife was preggers and I was eating right along beside her (both times) I put on a lot of excess weight and kind of let myself go. The year before I turned 40 (4 years ago) the company I work for had a biggest loser contest which, with my competitive nature, was the perfect tool to get me back in the game. In the past four years I have managed to drop back down to a decent weight for my stature, run two half marathons, one full marathon and replace most of my wardrobe. I will hit my 45th birthday in a couple of months and while I have been making good progress I am ready to take it to the next level. I am currently training for a Spartan Beast Race in August (early birthday present) so I figured it was time to get serious! I look forward to the conversations.

Replies

• juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good for you,well done!I turned 45 in May,I got on my bike for the first time in about 20 yraes never thought Id do it,am getting fairly fit,not as fit as you but not too bad either!!!!!