Wheat Belly Diet

Options
Has anyone done the wheat belly diet? A friend of mine told me about it and I've read the book. I've cut wheat out quite a bit (mostly because I'm staying away from carbs in general)... any input would be great!

Replies

• MatthewMacG
    MatthewMacG Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a disease that is affected by wheat there is no reason to stop eating it. Most of the websites that advocate no longer eating grains are Paleo websites mostly owned by the same guy trying to sell you a book.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I read it, did the grain free thing, low carbed for 9 months. Bit of Paleo, all good fun.

I then realised I didn't need to restrict anything as my body seems to process all manner of stuff quite well (and thankful am I).

I think cutting the stuff may have help rein in some rampant hunger issues I was having but that could just be a mental thing.

Hey, give it go but listen to your body and remember that it's the deficit that will drop fat, not some magical tweak. If staying off the bread helps this then great. :)
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've read it and got some good info from it. It's definitely worth a read, especially if you can borrow it from the library :) The writer is a bit over the top though, so take what he says with a grain of salt lol.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a disease that is affected by wheat there is no reason to stop eating it. Most of the websites that advocate no longer eating grains are Paleo websites mostly owned by the same guy trying to sell you a book.

This!

No reason to cut out wheat, gluten, or any other food unless you have a medical reason to do so.