Can I finally stick to it?

Options
I am 20 years old and about 100lbs overweight. I have tried dieting since the young age of 7 years old. I find myself sticking to it for a month tops until falling apart and falling back into my toxic ways. Does anyone care to lend a helping hand? I need tips on fixing healthy meals I can take on the go and how to fit exercise into my busy college student schedule. I need to do this and take back my life.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Plug your stats into MFP.
    Select your activity level based on what you do everyday NOT including exercise.
    Select a reasonable weight loss goal. Usual recommendation I see:
    • No more than 1% of your current body weight per week.
    • 25 lbs or less to lose = 0.5 lb per week
    • 25- 50 lbs to lose = 1 lb per week
    • 50-75 lbs to lose = 1.5 lb per week
    • 75 lbs + to lose = 2 lbs per week

Eat the calorie goal MFP gives you plus 50% of your exercise calories (adjust exercise calorie consumption as needed).

Try not to make things too complicated on yourself. Do batch cooking on say Sunday. That way you have meals pre-portioned and all you have to do is pop them in the microwave. Crockpot meals are great for this. I recommend looking at Skinnytaste.com for some ideas.

On the go, keep things like single serving sizes of nuts in your purse. Maybe some homemade protein bars. Or some raisins. Things that will keep without refrigeration.

As for workouts, fitness blender has some short workouts. Youtube is another place you can find short workouts. If you have a smart phone, download one of the 7 min workout apps to your phone.