Plateaued weight

Need advice have lost 20lbs of my weight. Need to be in an ideal weight to loose 15lbs more But i have Plateaued for three months nowz havent lost any weight even water weight. I have been maintaing and keeping up w my exercises. How can i loose this last 15lbs?? I did Yoli shakes and protein diet.

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    by weighing all your food in grams on a digital scale. And log it.
    Create a deficit and it will work like a charm :)

95069916.png
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    each time I've got stuck I've increased my calories by 100 and my walking by 1/2 mile. So I am walking 2 1/2 miles a day now. Was on one for 3 weeks and finally lost 2 1/2 pounds this week. I don't do other types of exercize so not sure how much to increase them.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    When you plateau I think it becomes necessary to begin tracking and logging in details if you haven't already started. I can lose a certain number of lbs with no issue but after I hit a certain point I have to get very precise
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    A plateau is nothing more then eating the same amount of calories as you burn
    ( in a way>>>you found your maintenance level)

It happens when people lose weight and they dont adjust their calorie intake down ( when you weigh less you need less calories on a daily base)
    Most of the time people eat more than they count for...a normal thing because nobody is 100% accurate with logging.

To avoid or solve the problem is to weigh all your food on a scale and log more accurate. Create your deficit by eating less than you daily burn and walla you start losing weight again.

95069916.png
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    hotRNmom19 wrote: »
    Need advice have lost 20lbs of my weight. Need to be in an ideal weight to loose 15lbs more But i have Plateaued for three months nowz havent lost any weight even water weight. I have been maintaing and keeping up w my exercises. How can i loose this last 15lbs?? I did Yoli shakes and protein diet.

I experience a 'plateau' quite easily, it seems after losing about 20 pounds. It kept me being a yo-yo dieter for 30 years and getting heavier with each plateau because I would give up. Then I read about Eating More to Weigh Less and a couple of things that are recommended resonated with me, and I gave it a try.
    1 ... the less you have to lose, the lower your deficit should be. I have a lot to lose still, so my cut is bigger.
    2 ... when you have stopped losing weight for a period of, say 3 weeks, it might be because your metabolism has adjusted to the calories and exercise routine you have been doing and instead of cutting more calories, give it a rest. Increase your daily allotment by about 100 calories for a period of time, then go back on your normal cut and see if that moved things for you. (that worked for me)
    3 ... be certain you are logging everything accurately.

I wouldn't recommend simply cutting calories each time you plateau because eventually you will be at a very low calorie rate and won't be able to maintain that longterm.

Oh yes, the people I've read who follow that diet method do a lot of weight training and actually eat a lot of calories a day to support the heavy workouts. There is a group on MFP called EM2WL that has all the details and more.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    A plateau is nothing more then eating the same amount of calories as you burn
    ( in a way>>>you found your maintenance level)

It happens when people lose weight and they dont adjust their calorie intake down ( when you weigh less you need less calories on a daily base)
    Most of the time people eat more than they count for...a normal thing because nobody is 100% accurate with logging.

To avoid or solve the problem is to weigh all your food on a scale and log more accurate. Create your deficit by eating less than you daily burn and walla you start losing weight again.

95069916.png

+1 !!!!

also, check this article out

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/why-cant-i-lose-weight/
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »

thanks for sharing the link ... I've just gone there and it's seems to be a great resource.