Carbs

Options
I'm sorry, but doesn't 161 gms of carbs seem a little much for a 200 lb woman with a sedentary job? Anyone??

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. Folks here disagree about carbs.
    On a day that I am eating mostly beans and lentils, I can get pretty close to that.
    Change your goals /settings or just ignore the numbers.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but doesn't 161 gms of carbs seem a little much for a 200 lb woman with a sedentary job? Anyone??

Why?

I lost my weight (started at 212) eating around 200-250g carbs daily

In maintenance I eat around 3-350g ..having lost 53lbs

I don't set it as a macro to monitor...I watch my protein intake and aim for a minimum daily, try to pretend to hit a minimum fat but often fail but carbs ...they just fall where my taste and food desires take me within my calorie allowance
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Depends. Some people do well with a higher amount of carbs, some prefer a low carb diet. In terms of loosing weight, its just a matter of a calorie deficit.
  • newmommyotw
    newmommyotw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep my carb intake lower than that simply because it's easier to stay in a calorie deficit that way. Carbs aren't the devil, but the higher carb foods generally have higher amounts of calories, as well. Also, I have a harder time telling myself "No" to a second piece of cake or another serving of chips, than I do resisting the first serving. (I hope that makes sense.)