Protein

Options
Sam101my
Sam101my Posts: 128 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I am looking for healthy proteins to eat with my breakfast.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What are unhealthy proteins?
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are super high in protein with hardly any fat, non fat greek yogurt is good, non fat cottage cheese has a lot of protein and is low calorie, you could go get some protein pancake mix (I like FlapJacked in "buttermilk" flavor), fat free milk is good... I'm basically answering your question as if you mean "lean" by healthy, pretty much any protein is "healthy," some are just leaner than others and lower in cholesterol (egg yolks are good for protein and minerals too but they do have fat and cholesterol so if you want to avoid those, just eat the whites).

You could always get some whey protein and make a fruit smoothie with it too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What are unhealthy proteins?

Yes, we need to know what you mean by this to make good recommendations.

My breakfast usually has protein from eggs (I eat an omelet made from 2 whole eggs plus vegetables, I don't toss the yolk because it has nutrients and fat is not bad, and plus it tastes good and tossing it would feel wasteful to me). I also typically have some greek yogurt or cottage cheese on the side (I usually use 0-2%, because more fat doesn't make a difference to me in how filling it is and I like it just as well -- people vary on this). Sometimes instead of having the dairy I add smoked salmon to the omelet or have it on the side. Ends up being 30+ grams of protein.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I googled unhealthy proteins.
    Got: bratwurst, sausage, burgers, hot dogs, and bacon.
    I could never cut out these foods...
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bacon and eggs....yum.....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I could. I eat most of them about once or twice a year. But that's dumb anyway -- why is lean ground beef unhealthy.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    If you're a cereal junkie (like me) try Kashi Go Lean...12g protein per serving, plus fiber. I like the crunch and sometimes top Greek yogurt with it for breakfast.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with fruit,
    toast with pnut butter,
    hard boiled, fried or scrambled eggs, or scrambled tofu and onions
    Or protein shake
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.....