I'm pregnant and gaining weight like a mad woman.

2»

Replies

• ArtsyDarling
    ArtsyDarling Posts: 39 Member
    haviegirl wrote: »
    Ask your doctor for a referral to a dietitian. The three of you can work together to make this pregnancy a healthy one.

Thank you. I'll ask her about that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So I have little to add because most of it's been covered... my only comment is- 165 on 5'7" isn't really bad. I'm pushing 180 and I still pretty good. it's not an egregious weight- it's certainly manageable and keep in mind at this point it is no longer JUST ABOUT YOU. So every time you catch yourself thinking "I look bad"- or "I" look fat or "I" feel fat... just remember it isn't about "i" any more- there is more to it then that- and try to look at the bigger picture.

You can do it- but definitely see a therapist and someone who specializes in this- and OB/GYN isn't the resource. Find the right/proper resources and you'll be much better prepared. you can do it!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    4pancakes wrote: »
    Talk to your doctor and get a referral to a therapist, if needed. Stop weighing yourself. Throw out the scale, and weigh facing backward at the doctor's office.

This

Your gain is not excessive. You should probably seek help if you feel panick over gaining weight .