Lower back and hip fat...

Options
Does anyone have any tried and tested exercises to get rid of fat on lower back and hips?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think diet plays more of a role than exercise when it comes to losing stubborn weight in these areas but others may have suggestions. I am not suggesting not exercising or finding exercises that focus on those places. Best wishes :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Spot reducing isn't possible sadly, you just have to keep eating at a deficit and the fat comes off where ever it chooses.

• samanthamccartney1
    Options
    Sorry I'm pretty new to this! I burn around 300 cals in exercise per day and am on a 1200 cal limit. I know I'm eating at a deficit on 1200 but when I have exercised, should I eat those extra 300 cals? I'm a bit confused about this! Thanks for any advice :)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When I ate back my exercise calories on a 1,200 diet I only maintained. When I exercised but didn't eat the calories back I lost weight.

Anyone else do this?
  • samanthamccartney1
    Options
    I'm not losing weight much either for the last 2 weeks and I'm eating my exercise calories. I'm losing fat off my legs, waist and hips and have lost a dress size but not any weight. It's confusing me what's going on!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Good for you with your progress!
    Yes when I ate the calories back I didn't lose weight.
    Can u try for a day or two to exercise and then NOT eat those calories back?
    When I did that I lost weight.
    Give it a try!
    Hope it works!