Why should I buy a food scale if I'm losing weight consistently?

Options
Let me tell you why.

I hadn't bought one for the above reason. I'd never plateaued, so who cares? And then my mom gave me her old baking one, so I thought, "Aw, what the hell?" and weighed for the last couple of days.

I was OVERESTIMATING what I was eating, and thus cheating myself out of, just, so much food. I had room for treats I didn't know I had. I may never forgive myself for this oversight, and great loss.

In conclusion: Buy a food scale.

Replies

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thats a good reason, also as you get closer to goal weight and lower your deficit accurate logging becomes more mandatory for successful weight loss.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Thats a good reason, also as you get closer to goal weight and lower your deficit accurate logging becomes more mandatory for successful weight loss.

+1

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I did the same dam thing. And I was at 1200/day at the time so you can see how bad that would be.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I did the same! Thought I was eating 1500 but was so off it was closer to 1250. Could have eaten so many things...
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I don't get it? The only thing that's going to happen is slower weight loss.

You don't need a food scale to eat more.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Its cheap and adds 5 seconds to stuff that is easy to weigh. Why wouldn't you want one?
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did the same! Thought I was eating 1500 but was so off it was closer to 1250. Could have eaten so many things...
    I did the same dam thing. And I was at 1200/day at the time so you can see how bad that would be.

The anger at myself was so real ahaha. I kept convincing myself it was something to be saved for later, or when I stalled.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am. The winner of this game loses weight while getting to eat the most.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Actually this is wrong. For the people who overestimate their calorie count, they can end up going below the calories they should and it can cause sickness and binging. The point of weight loss is to find a happy medium, not lose the most weight as fast as possible. All that does is cause loss of muscle in addition to fat and sets you up for failure.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Takes less time then measuring cups/spoons.
    More accurate for solid foods compared to eyeballing or using measuring cups/spoons.
    Less clean up than measuring cups/spoons.
    Not eating enough can lead to binge eating, giving up, and health issues.
    For me at least, weighing food makes me feel more relaxed with my eating choices and confident that my calorie log is as accurate as I am going to be able to get it.