Cheat days?

Options
2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have cheat days? If so is it easy for you to get back on track the next day?

For me, it's very difficult to get back on track after a whole day of reckless food abandon. I try to incorporate treats into my everyday plan. And on the weekends if I go out I may eat a bit more at one MEAL. But never a whole day of it.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    The only days I don't have a calorie goal are special occasions and holidays, and there my goal is just to eat in moderation. That is still typically less than maintenance, these aren't licenses to binge.

Apart from that, I do no regular cheat days nor meals. I also excluded zero foods from my diet, so if I want cookies or cake or pizza or whatever, I'll just plan for it and do it.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have cheat days? If so is it easy for you to get back on track the next day?

"To Err Is Human." - the saying goes.
    I do have a couple of 'cheat meals' a week, but I don't go overboard by eating everything in sight. So, I eat sugary/carbs heavy foods... as I don't eat them during my normal days.
    Yes, it does increase the number on my scale after a cheat meal, but it sure helps me 'reset' my resolve to eat healthy the remaining meals during the week.

All the best.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, cheat meals usually work out better, and you end up consuming less calories in a full week than if you had an entire cheat day. That also makes it more flexible in case something pops up on a day that's not your designated cheat day.
  • seayemily100
    seayemily100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sort of, but I still stay in my calorie goal. If I do have a cheat day it's so hard to make up for it
  • Disasterology919
    Options
    I don't believe in cheat days. You should be able to have a cheat food whenever you want in accordance to your diet so you don't feel deprived and don't use a cheat day as an excuse to binge. But if it works for you that's ok.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have refeed days (like today) or call it a carb load day. I go lower/moderate carb remainder of week.

All day cheats are never a good thing for me, so like today I had one gigantic meal (except the fruit I ate for breakfast) but it was planned.

I plan the "treat" so it is not a cheat.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't consider them cheat days, but there are days I make a choice not to stay within my calories because of a special day, meal, etc. I always log whatever I eat, though, and I just carry on with my regular eating the next time I eat. So far, it hasn't impacted my weight loss much. For me, I need those days to stick with this. If I try to be "perfect" all the time, I am setting myself up for failure.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I have refeed days

I read this as "I have reefer days" and thought "Well, that's interesting. But wouldn't the subsequent munchies make this counterproductive? :D