Not gonna creep anymore.

Options
Hello everyone, I hit around 300 lbs earlier this year and I finally decided that it was enough. I decided to start eating right and exercising. I went to Hawaii for a month and lost 15 lbs. When I got back I kept up my good habits. I found this app in January and started to track my calories. I started back to college (after four years!) And my school included a gym membership so now I go to the gym 4 times a week. I have lost 20 lbs since I started tracking my calories and exercising. Overall I'm thrilled and excited about my changes. I've always enjoyed the outdoors (I'm a biologist) and I'm so ready to actually be able to get outside and do things without feeling like I'm dying. I've set some goals for this summer, like hiking my first 14k Colorado mountain. My clothes are starting to get loose and my attitude, while always being a glass half full, is doing much better. I don't have cravings anymore and I haven't eaten any junk or majorly processed foods in months. I would like to get more "friends" on this app because the only complaint I have with this lifestyle change is that a lot of people, while supportive, don't really understand what it means to me to get healthy. I would like to surround myself with people that are on the same journey as me so that if there is ever a bad day I can have the support I need as well as to be able to support others. I'm excited to become a more active member in this community and to have more accountability in my life!

Replies

• Not_SuperWoman
    Not_SuperWoman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome!_Nice to meet you! Your trip to Hawaii sounds fabulous. Enjoy your hike in the mountains.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums .....Congrats on your weightloss so far ....You are more than welcome to add me ...I am on here daily and have been for over a year ....Wishing you much more success :)
  • Skillet007
    Skillet007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm glad to be here!