Goal

I've gained and lost the same 60 pounds several times over the past 15 years. My starting weight was 198 lbs. Now that I am 11 lbs. away from my goal I need to continue tracking in order not to regain the weight I've lost. I reached my goal,126 lbs, in August 2014 but since then I put 20 lbs. back on. That's when I decided to use Myfitnesspal to help me get back to that weight. I tend to run out of steam around this time and I need support and encouragement since the weight is tougher to get off

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    I've been using MFP for nearly 3 years, have lost more than 70 pounds and kept it off thanks to this app. I think it's very normal to 'run out of steam' sometimes. For me, when I ran out of steam, I would take a 'deficit break' and bump my calories back up to maintenance for a while, then when I felt ready I'd go back into weight loss mode. You've got this! :flowerforyou:
  • tdaniels54
    tdaniels54 Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you for your encouragement. If I hit a plateau I will bump up my caloric intake to maintenance for a while and then will go back to weight loss mode like you. It's nice to know we aren't alone in this journey.