Cravings

Options
Does anyone have tips on dealing with cravings?

I love fries. I love fries so much that restaurants that serve my favorite fries recognize my voice over the phone and know my name and order by heart now. I do good for a week or so and then it's like all I smell or taste or want is fries. I'm trying to cut back on eating out but sometimes I don't realize I'm eating out until I'm being handed the bag.

There's other things I crave that much, but me and fries go way back like the first solid food I ever ate back. I'm trying to lose weight and my fry cravings have had me gain weight instead. It's frustrating!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Try and make it fit once a week. Helps me deal with cravings if I know I can fit them in at some point. You could also get French fries from the grocery store and cook them in the oven with no oil and they get crispy and soft at the same time. I personally love Rally's fries. One serving is 150 cals.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs - cut hunger!

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Your "fry cravings" will only make you gain weight if they take you in to a calorie surplus.

So, either

- Eat fries, within the confines of your calorie and macronutritional goals.
    - Realise that as a grown adult, a cooked potato holds no power over you, and don't eat them.

Either way, you win.