Avoiding the Wine Monster

Options
Good morning MFPers. I'm looking to add some friends that might find it difficult to stay away from the wine monster. You know how it is. You do great all day while you're at work then you come home and all you can think about is wine. And a single glass is not your style.

I'm 5'1" and trying to lose 25-30 lbs all put on my body due to WINE. Wine makes me eat like crap and then I'm too dehydrated/headachey/etc to run or workout the next morning. So, I don't.

I went almost a year with no wine and didn't really see too many changes to my body because I replaced the booze with sugar. So, now it's time to get rid of both.

If you're in the same boat (it doesn't have to be wine. It can be yummy craft beers, gin, whiskey, whatever your poison) let's support each other. Because all the dieting in the world doesn't matter if we drink our calories!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I managed to lose and keep off more than 70 pounds, and I still drink - though not daily. :) Good luck, and I hope MFP helps you reach your goals!
  • smallwiseone
    smallwiseone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Once I reach my goal I would like to have a glass here and there because honestly, wine is delicious. But for now, it's getting in the way.