How to keep myself motivated after losing weight?

I tried losing weight like 3 times before, and every time I get in good shape and my body starts changing I go back to normal and it pisses me off that I gain back almost all the weight I lost. I'm sure that this time I'm disciplined and determined to really stick to this new lifestyle and I'm happy. However, I am still worried and I terrified that I might stop when I see changes so how can I get over that?

Thank you

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    When you are trying to lose weight, what is the process? What are you doing to try and lose weight? In terms of both nutrition and fitness? What diet strategies are you using, and what's the frequency/intensity of your activity level?

When you are trying to lose weight are you doing radically different things (change in diet, highter intensity exercises, etc.)? If so, this might be a place to do some planning. When I dropped weight a few years ago, I ate the same foods as I always ate - just less of it. This didn't deprive me of any cravings. It just made me be a bit more disciplined about how much I ate. And I did it very gradually, like reducing my calories by 50-75 every week or two. So try to include a diet strategy where you eat the same types of food. Try adding a bit more protein and little less carbs whenever possible. Develop a fitness program where you're working out at least 3 times a week (include some resistance training to help build lean muscle). So ultimately, the more radical your weight loss strategies are, the more challenging it will be to incorporate them into your overall lifestyle.