Is your parter helping you on your journey?

Options
2»

Replies

• saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    my husband is very sweet and lovely. He is fit and does not need to lose any weight but he always encourages me to stay on my healthy lifestyle and he is ready to do activities just to be on my side.
    He loves to eat out, but to help me stay in calorie deficit he doesn't ask for dining out and whenever we go he makes sure to choose a healthy restaurant. He goes hiking with me and when we go grocery shopping he reads nutrition lables and pay attention to calories.
    He bought me a fitbit and an HRM for my brithday and treated me to a foot massage so I get some rest from excercise. I love him more than ever and I want to make him proud by succeeding this journey,
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Yes. Giving me thumbs up, telling me I look good, not buying junk food, even making time (sometimes) from his incessant online poker to let me get on the computer to post and log.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    My husband is amazing! He tries really hard to keep me in mind, even when he impulse buys. (He works in grocery, so he impulse buys a lot) Every night he asks if I stayed in my goals and if I worked out. He celebrates my little victories with me. He reads the scale for me when I weigh in because it's not a digital and I can't see it past my boobs. lol
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I talk to him, tell him, he listened to the dr. a couple weeks ago make comments on my weight, still he acts so ignorant to the fact that something has to give.
    I won't say he is not supportive, he just doesn't pay attention.
  • TonicSapphire
    Options
    If your significant other isnt onboard..thats a bad sign.

Not really. It depends upon the relationship. My husband respects what I do, but he is not on board the fitness bandwagon. I'm a fairly solitary person, for the most part, and enjoy doing some things by myself. Especially exercise.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    No, he does his thing and I do mine!!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My husband is super supportive!! He purchased my Zumba training for me as a birthday gift two and a half years ago! It was a huge surprise, I've lost weight since teaching and he even helps me practice and come up with new chereo dare I say he's even taken my class a few times!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Is your partner motivating you on your journey. If so what is he/she doing to help? If he/she is not, what would you like them to do for you that would help.

Personally I don't need my husband to help me. There honestly isn't anything I can think of for him to do TO help. I feel this is something I have to do myself. Of course if he was undermining me that'd be awful, but I'm satisfied he doesn't hinder OR help.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yes we support each other. It was my decision to make the change for myself and I do most of the cooking, so it totally affected him, but he was like yeah, whatever you are a great cook and if the food is healthier yay for both of us. I got him to sign up on MFP too and he has lost 11 lbs himself! We work out together, shop and cook together and bask in the glow of all the compliments together! :)
    It's awesome to have that support and be that support for someone else.
  • qaw00r
    qaw00r Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband is really good at motivating me to work out and eat healthy. Misery loves company and all that. Our workouts have become quality time where we get together and shut the rest of the world out.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    He's very supportive. He doesn't complain about me not cooking the way I used to cook or about the fact that there are less treats in the house. He compliments me, asks about my progress, and listens sympathetically when I complain about my slow progress. He definitely does not want me to give up. He wants me to look good and be healthy.