Unable to post comments on news feed.

Options
Mountainbum777
Mountainbum777 Posts: 76 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
I just joined yesterday and I am unable to comment on friends news feed posts on my HTC M One 8 phone, have not tried from pc yet. When I try to post my comment I get an "unable to upload app data" message. I was wondering if there was a waiting period for new member s perhaps to avoid spam or if others are having the same issue from mobile devices?

Thanks

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and I am unable to comment on friends news feed posts on my HTC M One 8 phone, have not tried from pc yet. When I try to post my comment I get an "unable to upload app data" message. I was wondering if there was a waiting period for new member s perhaps to avoid spam or if others are having the same issue from mobile devices?

Thanks

I am not sure, but there seems to be a lag time (no more than 24 hours) for being able to comment on new friend's News Feeds. I would imagine it has something to do with the synchronizing of the different servers across all of the time zones. MFP uses different server systems for different parts of the program and is available world-wide.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    It's an issue, but to overcome it, click on the person's profile name. You can like and comment on their actual newsfeed page. After 24 hours the issue goes away.
  • Mountainbum777
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Blondiebear23
    Blondiebear23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. One of my friends told me just comment on their profile page.
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yea I have the same problem
  • Mountainbum777
    Options
    Looks like there is just a waiting period for new friends, everything works just fine for me now.