Low carbie/prediabetic

Options
Hey everyone, I've been doing this fitness jam for awhile and have maintained a 70 lbs weight lost for 3 years, but it was originally 90lbs.

Anyway, I also have pcos and a strong family history of diabetes heart disease. From what I understand, there is a certain inevitability that I will have those things too, but I can prolong the period without.

I recently got conflicting lab results that I may or may not be prediabetic and I know I'm not ready for that so I'm really trying to make positive changes and be accountable. But mostly I'm scared.

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    There is no reason why you should ever have heart disease or diabetes. I come from the same kind of family history and I am working my *kitten* off (literately) to make sure I am not apart of it. Health, weight loss and fitness combined with a proper diet of clean foods will prevent all of that. Add me and we can work together to keep you off that precipice.
  • Oregington
    Oregington Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to lose weight with low carb diet as well. Maybe we can exchange recipes and support. :)