Yoga for beginners...

Options
What yoga video is good for beginners? I have done some yoga in the past but now is a little different. I am one year post bone marrow transplant and have lower body muscle weakness/atrophy. Thank you :)

Replies

• rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you find one, pass it along. I need to find something to do but I need something low impact and preferably that I can do at home in a small space. Yoga sounds doable, although I haven't tried it yet.
  • okeefester3
    okeefester3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for videos but most instructors are great with beginners. Try a class in a studio if you can. From my experience it's very rewarding.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There's some videos on YouTube, once you type in yoga for for beginners, the person's name starts starts with A. Sorry i can't be more helpful
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for videos but most instructors are great with beginners. Try a class in a studio if you can. From my experience it's very rewarding.

I would go this route. A good instructor will help immensely.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    20 years ago I was a big fan of Rodney Yee's AM PM Yoga for Beginners and have incorporated much of that into the warmups for my own flow. The disc comes with a PM flow that is a little more challenging. IIRC, you never get off the floor in the AM flow.

You may be able to find this on youtube, or try looking for "Rodney Yee beginner" there.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    rodney is great. i have a few of his dvds
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This site have video clips & reviews for tons of DVDs

http://www.collagevideo.com/search?q=yoga+beginner

That said, you might look for Peggy Cappy. She had a long running series on PBS called Yoga for the Rest of Us. I know she has several specialty DVDs .....yoga for arthritis, back pain, etc. These have been around awhile, check your local library.