Losing body fat

Options
I'm currently 115 lbs and 5'3, I'm hoping to lose another 5-10 lbs of body fat as it seems most women at my height and weight look significantly smaller than i do and I think that has something to do with me not being toned or having a lot of muscle weight. My question is, I have more of a pear shape and while i know you cannot spot reduce are there any specific workout routines or exercises that help you tone and lose weight that includes your lower body? My problem area is my outer thighs (saddlebags) and I'm getting discouraged that they may never go away.

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    On other posts I've read that "toning" is not a real thing. You build muscle (thicken muscle fibers (cells) and add new ones). I think if you work on overall body muscle conditioning (strength training) you will see improvement in your overall body shape. Keeping your calorie intake controlled and ample protein in your diet will keep fat in check and your composition and fat distribution will improve automatically. Women need to lose the fear of weight training and get in there and do it. The women that I see really working their muscles look terrific and very feminine. If you are pear shaped (me too!!), building upper body musculature will help offset that imbalance optically.