Couch to 5K ??

Options
2»

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    JennieMaeK wrote: »
    I started C25K last year when I was just starting out - almost 240 lbs. It's a great app. It took me about 13 weeks to complete it though. I had repeat some weeks and even went back a week once. Don't get discouraged if you takes you longer than the 8 weeks.

I found once I completed the program that I was getting shin splints whenever I ran (may have had stress fractures, it took a few months to heal). While I was healing, I just walked instead (on a treadmill with a fairly steep incline). Once I was healed I got fitted for proper running shoes and have no issues since. I'm not sure if my size had anything to do with it or just the shoes, but I recommend getting fitted for proper shoes (if you haven't already).

I also like the Zombies, Run 5k app. Similar to C25k but a little less structured. They have what they call "free form runs", which means you can walk or run as much as you want during that time. I use the regular Zombies Run app all the time now when I run.

Zombie run app?

I was about to start a c25k myself but that sounds like something i can get with a whole lot more. Is it available on Android?