Need help with breakfast that fulfilling and low calories like under 200

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I can't imagine any breakfast under 300 calories that would keep me full for longer than 2 hours.

Your trainer is an idiot. It doesn't matter when you eat your calories. Some people like bigger breakfasts, some people skip breakfast completely... If you ARE hungry in the morning and end up starving all morning just to stay under 200 calories, it's just not going to do you any good. Eat more for breakfast and less for dinner. Easy.

This thread has great suggestions around 300 calories.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10338185/balanced-macro-breakfast-ideas-besides-eggs#latest

Otherwise the best I got is 2 eggs and 100g of refried beans... but that's 240-250 calories.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    toast and peanut butter, for 300 I add a banana
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    how high was your breakfast and what is your calorie goal?
    My calorie goal is 1200.

That seems very low, especially for someone with a trainer who must be working out a few times a week. What is your weightloss goal for the week?

My goal was 500g-1kilo a week, doing 90 minutes of personal training a week and 10,000 steps of walking a day and my calories were set at 2000 a day.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Apples slices and cheese?

Cut up an apple weigh that and log it fill the rest in with a nice sharp cheddar.

Egg white omelets fullnof veggies.
  • brightestsmile83
    brightestsmile83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I can't imagine any breakfast under 300 calories that would keep me full for longer than 2 hours.

Your trainer is an idiot. It doesn't matter when you eat your calories. Some people like bigger breakfasts, some people skip breakfast completely... If you ARE hungry in the morning and end up starving all morning just to stay under 200 calories, it's just not going to do you any good. Eat more for breakfast and less for dinner. Easy.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10338185/balanced-macro-breakfast-ideas-besides-eggs#latest

Otherwise the best I got is 2 eggs and 100g of refried beans... but that's 240-250 calories.

:) thanks!
  • brightestsmile83
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200.

That seems very low, especially for someone with a trainer who must be working out a few times a week. What is your weightloss goal for the week?

My goal was 500g-1kilo a week, doing 90 minutes of personal training a week and 10,000 steps of walking a day and my calories were set at 2000 a day.

I meet up with my trainer 1 or 2 times a week due to my long hours of work... and then I do work out alone 2 to 3 times a week for 30 to an hour depending on what my mood or workout is on.

The goal to lose 2 pounds a week.... my goal weight is 250 and I'm 298 now
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I had 3 pieces of turkey bacon and 2 eggs for b'fast. It was about 250 calories and 30 grams of protein. I also had to eat half a pita (90 calories/5 grams of protein), b/c I needed carbs before the gym. You likely find that protein and fat are more important for a solid b'fast than calories (250 calories is low in my opinion).
  • brightestsmile83
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

:) thanks!

Also I did managed ge my breakfast under 710 to 351 today. I just had do some measurilments and change a few things but the way my trainer acted I was feeling off about it..
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Also if you are working 14 hrs straight with no chance to eat, why not pack a peanut butter sandwich (something non-perishable) and eat it right before you start work? I used to break my b'fast in 2 parts when I was a teacher.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200.

I meet up with my trainer 1 or 2 times a week due to my long hours of work... and then I do work out alone 2 to 3 times a week for 30 to an hour depending on what my mood or workout is on.

Interesting. 1200 seems fairly low for a current weight of 298. Is that the number MFP gave you?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat will tend to make most people feel full longer. I find oatmeal, cereal, and the like, don't stay with me and I am hungry soon after eating them. Eggs, turkey bacon, with some fruit on the side might help you stay full longer. In some ways, though, it is a really personal thing. Find what works for you.

Sort of off topic, why are you on 1200 calories a day? Is that from this site, your trainer, or just you entering it?
  • brightestsmile83
    Options
    lisalsd1 wrote: »
    Also if you are working 14 hrs straight with no chance to eat, why not pack a peanut butter sandwich (something non-perishable) and eat it right before you start work? I used to break my b'fast in 2 parts when I was a teacher.

Oh I pack my food etc just the first part of the morning makes me wonder how to stay full with low calories. I already managed my lunches and dinner food that easy but figuring breakfast part I gotta learn.
  • brightestsmile83
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200.

Interesting. 1200 seems fairly low for a current weight of 298. Is that the number MFP gave you?

No, my trainer changed it...
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find that a cup (200 g) of Fage Total 0 greek yogurt and a half cup of fruit on top holds me until lunch, about 180 calories.
    If you need more, add a slice of whole wheat toast with a Tbsp of peanut butter for another 150 cal. That holds me until lunch and I have a big appetite. Good luck!
  • 20yearsyounger
    edited February 2016
    Options

I don't understand what they are doing. Seems a bit of an unreasonable goal to set for you. I would figure at least about 600+ calories higher first, get a good momentum going and as you start to see progress continue to lower the goal.
  • brightestsmile83
    Options
    Protein and fat will tend to make most people feel full longer. I find oatmeal, cereal, and the like, don't stay with me and I am hungry soon after eating them. Eggs, turkey bacon, with some fruit on the side might help you stay full longer. In some ways, though, it is a really personal thing. Find what works for you.

Sort of off topic, why are you on 1200 calories a day? Is that from this site, your trainer, or just you entering it?

My trainer put that in my MPF app.
  • brightestsmile83
    Options
    I don't understand what they are doing. Seems a bit of an unreasonable goal to set for you. I would figure at least about 600+ calories higher first, get a good momentum going and as you start to see progress continue to lower the goal.

That what I thought too. But I'm gonna try this/his way and see what happens. I am getting the breakfast calorie down. When I started this my total calories was like 1500 or so then slowly went down and I managed to get it down to under 1200 yesterday (plus I ran out of food at work ) thanks for support.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options

That what I thought too. But I'm gonna try this/his way and see what happens. I am getting the breakfast calorie down. When I started this my total calories was like 1500 or so then slowly went down and I managed to get it down to under 1200 yesterday (plus I ran out of food at work ) thanks for support.

No problem. Just keep that in the back of your head. It's a bit extreme and you don't need 1200 to lose 2lbs a week. Your body still needs calories to support your current weight. If it gets too tough don't throw in the towel, just know there is another way.
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters, bagel and turkey bacon 3 pieces or turkey sausage 2.5 ounces is 300 calls, little more than the 200 you're looking for but enough protein to keep feeling full for hours
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    200 calories will not keep you full for long, it's just too small of a number. But, there are a few options:
    • Oatmeal: a bowl of Quick Oats will run you about 150 calories. Add in some blueberries for flavor (adds maybe 25 calories) and you should be good. Just use water for the liquid, or I use Almond Milk at 30 calories a cup. Also look at Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, it's already flavored and runs about 170 cal I believe.
    • Eggs: a large egg is 70 calories. You can have 2 eggs and a piece of toast for well under 200. I use a carb friendly bread that is 35 calories a slice. That equals 175 calories for 2 eggs and a piece of toast.

I would be wary of a trainer that is suggesting 20 calories for a meal, especially if this person is giving you an exercise program. Any decent workout should burn at least 100+ calories that you can eat back.

Good luck!